Let me see those feeder cups!

Tyaeda

Established Member
Making a new, massive, cage for Mr.Pink. This time we're doing it right, and not only will it be perfect for Mr.Pink, it will be beautiful to look at (all wires hidden, 3d rockwall background, all live plants, etc.)

In saying that, I need to make / buy a feeder cup that will work well, but won't stick out as an eyesore. We usually hand feed, but since my husband and I both work the same 12 hours shifts, we'd like to have something that we can just throw some crickets in for the day, and not have to worry about them escaping.

If you have a cool feeder cup assembly, I'd love to see it for some inspiration :)

If you're doing a 3d rock background then you could either plan cup placement before you spray it (by covering the outside of the cup with sarap wrap so the foam doesn't adhere while it is drying, and it can then be removed for cleaning). Or you could also carve out a depression to set the cup in.

I am assuming that you are using the greatstuff background technique. If you check out dendroboard you'll see examples of what I'm describing if you see how some members mount their egg/tadpole deposition sites into the background.

Good luck

I use a large taco bell cup, and I place it on the bottom of the cage. my girl will see it climb down chow down.

If I forget to remove the taco bell cup she will sit on the rim waiting for more food lol

Back
Top Bottom