Leopold started eating, but weird poo?

Okay so this morning I finally figured out why Leopold wasn't eating... he REFUSES to cup feed! I accidentally dropped a cricket in his enclosure and he went down and knabbed it. So I had to tweek my enclosure and put some smaller mesh on one door and a large piece of cloth on the other for privacy. He pooped today too, but the problem is it is like a liquidy green slime with an undigested cricket and a long orange solid thing. I am hoping it is from not eating for a week and a half :mad:, I also hope that either the cricket was an uneaten one that just happened to be on the flower or his stomach just didn't agree with him on the first one and it went right through him. He has eaten 3-4 more since then. So here's a picture:

Attachments

• DSC01394.JPG
    DSC01394.JPG
    134.3 KB · Views: 136
When I got Tommy back in November last year, his poops were very soft, but not quite as bad as that. It's only now that his poop is more normal looking and actually sausage shaped. Leopold's urate is rather orange, suggesting that he's dehydrated. Is this his first poop/urate since he's been with you? Tommy sometimes goes 2 weeks between poopings and his urates are usually quite orange, despite the fact that he drinks at every misting and drinks from his dripper too. The longer the urate stays in the body the more water is absorbed from it, thus making it more orange in colour.

When I got Tommy back in November last year, his poops were very soft, but not quite as bad as that. It's only now that his poop is more normal looking and actually sausage shaped. Leopold's urate is rather orange, suggesting that he's dehydrated. Is this his first poop/urate since he's been with you? Tommy sometimes goes 2 weeks between poopings and his urates are usually quite orange, despite the fact that he drinks at every misting and drinks from his dripper too. The longer the urate stays in the body the more water is absorbed from it, thus making it more orange in colour.

Yup this is his first poo since he has been with me which explains the color. He does drink a lot so I am not worried about dehydration I was just making sure it was okay. Now that he is eating and settling down hopefully his poos should go back to normal.

Just make sure his eyes are not sunk, and that he is drinking. Of course make sure you have all the husbandry down, I would get a parisite check done at a vet, you want firm moist togather poop, you don't want runny nastyness. The urate shows dehydration as stated, but that may be because you just got him, just make sure he's drinking, I saw in a previos post you didn't have a uvb light, I would hope you have it now. Reptisun 5.0 or reptiglo 5.0 linear uvb.

Yup all husbandry is down pat, He is not dehydrated, his eyes are not sunken and he drinks a minimum of 4 times a day. I watch him do it. He has been under a lot of stress with the move and the transfer to a new cage and such. He is acting fine, but I am going to get a fecal done soon, just need the money (my car just broke down :mad:)

I too would recommend a fecal. What's his basking temp? Males have to be warmer than females. I keep Luie at 88 or 89. The undigested cricket could be from not being warm enought after he ate. Also it's not good to feed in the evenings or late afternoon. They need some time under that light to digest food before bed time.

Back
Top Bottom