Leopard Gecko

KamaKamaChameleon!

Avid Member
I got a leopard gecko around Christmas time, I think they are around 4 months? I just wanted to make sure my husbandry is fine. Please be free to critique my care.

Gecko Info:
Your Gecko - I have a leopard gecko, its a baby so I can't tell what the gender is yet. I think they around 4-5 months old. I got them the day before Christmas.

Handling - I handle them for about 5-10 minutes a day.

Feeding - I feed my gecko crickets and mealworms currently, I hope to introduce them to silkworms and hornworms soon. I feed them 2 mealworms and 3 medium-sized crickets. I also do gut load my feeders apples and oranges.

Supplements - On Tuesdays and Thursdays I dust the feeders with reptivite (with D3) and also put that in dish in their cage. The rest of the week I use calcium from rep cal (without D3).

Watering - I use a small kidney dish (purpose is to remind me to change it every day) and change the water in the dish every day. I haven't yet seen them drink it though.

Fecal Description - Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Mostly white with specks of yellow and brown, noticeably hard when dry.

History - The history is unknown, I got them from a local pet store who takes very good care of their reptiles and other animals. I know the morph is just a normal though.
~~~
Cage Info:
Cage Type - I have a 10 gal glass tank, when they get to adulthood I plan to upgrade to a 20 gal.

Heating - I use a heatpad on the warm side, as well as a thermostat to control temperatures.

Temperature - On the cool side of the tank it is around 70-80 degrees F, and on the warm side its around 83-90 degrees F I use a probe thermometer to measure the temperature.

Humidity - I have a hygrometer being shipped to me currently, but I assume the humidity in the humid hide is around 30%.
1578022421161.png

Attachments

• 1578022422784.png
    1578022422784.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
How many geckos did you get? Male or female?

I supplemented my Leo's the same way I have always done my chameleons...calcium powder dusted lightly on the insects at almost every feeding and twice a month Herptivite and twice a month rep cal with D3 lightly. Spread out the 2 Herptivite dusting a so its once every two weeks and the alternating weeks with the 2 calcium/D3 dusting.
If you want to leave a dust in the cage it should be the calcium one only. You can also put a small dish of choooed up greens and veggies that I mentioned to,feed the insects while they're in there.

I feed the crickets, superworms, roaches, locusts, etc dandelion greens, kale, collards, endive, escarole, carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red peppers, sweet potato, and a small amount of apples, pears, berries, melons.

Do you have a light on the cage?

Only one gecko, As i said I can't tell quite yet cause they are still small. And no I don't have a light on the cage but I plan to put an LED one on there so he has a source of light?

Back
Top Bottom