Leopard gecko tail problem

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my female just shed but I noticed she has some blood on her fingers and this on her tail. Is this a rot or just a wound from pulling her shed of her tail?
F2D0F7FB-5146-4F3A-BCDA-62F39871D21A.jpeg

I haven’t seen anything like that in my leos. Did she have enough humidity for shedding? If you have any silver sulfadiazine you could put a bit on her tail and her toes that were bleeding.
Does she still have all of her toes and toe tips? All of my leos are missing some toe tips from poor care before I got them. :( If they don’t have adequate humidity, the shed doesn’t come off the toes well and eventually can cut off circulation and the distal segment will die and drop off. I check all of my leos toes after every shed to make sure all has come off. On one of my little guys I’ll occasionally find little bits of stuck shed and will need to soak them off.
I’d keep watch on the tail. If it starts worsening or looking infected, a vet visit would be your best bet.

I haven’t seen anything like that in my leos. Did she have enough humidity for shedding? If you have any silver sulfadiazine you could put a bit on her tail and her toes that were bleeding.
Does she still have all of her toes and toe tips? All of my leos are missing some toe tips from poor care before I got them. :( If they don’t have adequate humidity, the shed doesn’t come off the toes well and eventually can cut off circulation and the distal segment will die and drop off. I check all of my leos toes after every shed to make sure all has come off. On one of my little guys I’ll occasionally find little bits of stuck shed and will need to soak them off.
I’d keep watch on the tail. If it starts worsening or looking infected, a vet visit would be your best bet.
I didnt spray the enclosure the night she shed and it was obviously too dry for her.. her toes are all fine, I had to take the shed of from one leg but I have no idea what is with the tail.. there is no shed “ring” thats stopping her circulation in tail.

I didnt spray the enclosure the night she shed and it was obviously too dry for her.. her toes are all fine, I had to take the shed of from one leg but I have no idea what is with the tail.. there is no shed “ring” thats stopping her circulation in tail.
Are there any insects in her tank that might take a nibble of her tail?

I think i realized what’s the problem. She has shed that is extremly stuck on her tail and I cant see where does it starts but I think that redness is beneath the very thin but extremely strong stuck shed. I placed her in warm water for 20 minutes and managed to take 1cm of shed on her tail but I’m 99% sure its stuck shed problem. Should I place her in warm water for longer? Her tip of the tail is really hard I think it would take like 2 hours in warm water to become soft..

I think i realized what’s the problem. She has shed that is extremly stuck on her tail and I cant see where does it starts but I think that redness is beneath the very thin but extremely strong stuck shed. I placed her in warm water for 20 minutes and managed to take 1cm of shed on her tail but I’m 99% sure its stuck shed problem. Should I place her in warm water for longer? Her tip of the tail is really hard I think it would take like 2 hours in warm water to become soft..
Looking very closely at your pic, I really can’t see any stuck shed. When my ‘special’ little guy gets stuck shed, it usually is removable after only a 5 or so minute soak. I don’t like that her tail is so hard. Perhaps @kinyonga has some input.

Looking very closely at your pic, I really can’t see any stuck shed. When my ‘special’ little guy gets stuck shed, it usually is removable after only a 5 or so minute soak. I don’t like that her tail is so hard. Perhaps @kinyonga has some input.
Just the brown/bloody tip is hard. The rest of the tail is soft as usual..

Sometimes if they're producing eggs they will show through the skin of the stomach. I would be careful not to have her struggle though if you try to look...best to just wait and see IMHO.

I really think she’s got some shed stuck on her toes which is cutting off circulation. See the indent on that one toe and how it’s all swollen past it? She’s got a shed band that needs to be removed ASAP. After soaking, I use a strong magnifying glass to make sure I’m getting all of the shed off and sometimes need to gently and very carefully use tweezers to remove it.
20639B33-50CA-4A3F-A7DD-76264B96FFC9.jpeg

My girl looks pretty plump too and I keep looking at her belly, but not sure if I’m seeing eggs or not. She’s sleeping now or I’d try to get a pic.

I really think she’s got some shed stuck on her toes which is cutting off circulation. See the indent on that one toe and how it’s all swollen past it? She’s got a shed band that needs to be removed ASAP. After soaking, I use a strong magnifying glass to make sure I’m getting all of the shed off and sometimes need to gently and very carefully use tweezers to remove it.
View attachment 299221
I removed all the shed yesterday and checked. I think itsjust the pic angle but I will check it again when I come home in about an hour..

Back
Top Bottom