Leopard gecko egg hatched

Darthroastcoffee

Avid Member
Hello,so I gave my friend 2 leopard geckos a while back and he incubated some eggs they had, one hatched today! Is there anything to do specifically for leopard geckos I don’t know much on them I haven’t really done that much research. Figured someone can help me educate my friend so he can keep the babies living and healthy.

I know absolutely nothing on leopard geckos. That’s why I gave him them I took them from a friend that couldn’t have them anymore. I never really got into them like that, although I’m starting to like them more and more! He said it unfortunately passed away, he said he never saw him eat. he tryed pinheads and I forgot what else. But I know he has a couple more eggs incubating. the one that hatched was 1 of 2 the second one I think was infertile I could be wrong I have to double check with him. Would you know what to recommend for feeding a hatchling leopard gecko?

pinheads should work... sometimes they are malnourished from being in the egg too long due to low incubation temps to get females and they use up their yolk sacs and starve and become weak in the egg. when they hatch out they are too weak to eat and just starve. try to incubate at a higher temp is my only advice. they are really awesome creatures im glad you enjoy them!

@Darthroastcoffee you shouldn’t feed them when they first hatch you wait 2-3 days because they are still trying to adapt to being out of their egg and scares/stresses them out. The hatchlings need to adjust for a couple of days. The thing about the egg being infertile is probably it got below 79 because if it gets below that it’s fatal. Or if you don’t remove the eggs right after they are laid the embryo is set to a certain area if waited to late and pick up the egg and not set the egg exactly how you picked it up it will drown the embryo. You can always candle light the eggs with a flash light if you don’t see red veins it is probably infertile but you should still incubate it just in case. Temperature is depending on the sex and color depending on the adult male and female that have mates. I hope this helps...if you have any questions let me know...just so you know I know what I’m talking about I’ve had a 100% hatch rate.

@Darthroastcoffee sometimes they won’t eat until their first shed which is usually within 2-3 days...if you wet the calcium with D3 in the enclosure they lick it up and it also needs to have a moist paper towel and is very important to in order from them to shed properly. You can use towel paper rolls as hides. Just trying to help.

thank you very much! That’s the info I was looking for! What do you think is a good temp for incubating? I have no clue what he sets his temps at. I will ask him today and when I get off work I will post more information! Thank you!!

thank you very much! That’s the info I was looking for! What do you think is a good temp for incubating? I have no clue what he sets his temps at. I will ask him today and when I get off work I will post more information! Thank you!!
check out brians videos on snake bytes tv// animal bytes tv. hes the owner of bhb reptiles and he gives very good info on breeding and hatching leopard geckos. also if you incubate eggs at higher temps you get males if you incubate at lower temps you gwt females

If you want a female and male incubate the eggs at 86 degrees...87 and above will get you brighter colors but will be all males

Back
Top Bottom