leon the chameleon

lucusmclaza

my chameleon is only about 5 inches long and i have a 24 by 24 by 48 terrarium which is rather large there are a ton of crickets in there but i think he is having trouble catching them......what should i do????

You could try holding out a cricket for him and seeing if he takes it---

if that doesnt work you could try taking off their big legs (the crickets!) or putting leon into a smaller feeding container. Putting the crickets in a fridge should slow them down a bit too....

or maybe just slower food?

thank you i think he will be ok he just doesnt seem to notice the 40 crickets on the side screens or top screen he constantley lookes around the hole terriarium

Maybe he is just plain tired of crickets! Have you tried offering him any other feeders?. I also would take about 30 of the those feeders out. I wouldn't want all those crawling around in my cage!

he likes meal worms but his main diet is crickets and he is only young he eats bout 10 to 15 crickets a day i had him in a 55 gallon aqarium but i know they need fresh air so i bought this huge terrarium i think hes just getting used to it but now he has hibiscus and ficus tress and some pothos so i know he's happy he just needs to speed up and get these crickets!!!!!!!!!

I agree with Carol. My panthers will turn up there noses at crickets one day then after a few days of Dubias they want crickets again. I feel sorry for animals. Like dogs, cats, chams. There is no variety in their diets. Could you imagine get only, say hamburgers every single day without being able to change the toppings. It would get old. My animals have serveral different options to choose from. And yeah I wouldnt put that many bug in there with him. It may be freaking him out.

ok yea ill take some out i was just thinking the more in there the more chances he has of getting one but i see how he could feel out numbered
this is my first cham absolutley the best reptile//pet ever

ok yea ill take some out i was just thinking the more in there the more chances he has of getting one but i see how he could feel out numbered
this is my first cham absolutley the best reptile//pet ever

Than it probley wont be your last. They are addicting. Im up to 7 chams now.

well i started off growing plants and then thought i need something for the plants...........now i want more! haahha they are awsome didnt think reptiles would have such a personality

Yep. This time next year, I probley wont have a bed to sleep in. The chams will take over the house. And I will be in a tent in the backyard.:p

if he is that small deffinatly take out the crickets they will feed on him in his sleep and thats not good. carol is right my big guy is funky when he eats right now his taste is for goliathe worms or hornworms as some may say. my fischer hates those and loves silk worms he also doesn't eat the big crickets he is almost full grown and he prefers the 4 week old crickets i feed my little guys.

Back
Top Bottom