Leon Necropsy Report and Skin Guy

Julirs

I just heard from the Vet. Leon had a large tumor in his intestinal wall that was eating into his intestine. Thus the bloody fecal. He had no parasites of any kind, a relief to me since I was in fear of coccidia or something that could have spread and is so difficult to get rid of.

As for Clark-the skin issue guy, she says he has no toenails on any of his claws (what kind of life had this poor guy lead), and now has a swollen leg. He has the healed over broken hip, and the skin spots that are coming off over time. I need to talk to her as she left a message for me, but I think she said she is not finding anything under culture or micro. They are keeping him hydrated but his eating is hit or miss. I will keep you posted.

It is good to know what with Leon, but still he is gone and I am sorry for that.
And about skin guy - WOW- that poor little chameleon. To know there are people who treat any person or animal that awful, well it makes me sad that they are apart of the human race. I fail to understand people who just don't care about anyone or any living thing. Yes, I am a bleeding heart about the treatment of both people & animals. It is just who I am, and I am ok with it. I always prefer to thing the best of everyone but I do know these people are out there, what a shame for the rest of us.

I know its a small consolation considering you lost him. But at least you know you didnt do anything to contribute to Leons' condition.

Its always nice to figure out what exactly happened to a lost loved pet. It feels like you're so lost and confused when they pass on and you dont know why.

I'm still very sorry that you lost Leon....but its good that you found out why he died.

You said Clark has a swollen leg...any idea of why? He certainly has had a lot of problems....poor thing. Any pictures of the leg?

I'm still very sorry that you lost Leon....but its good that you found out why he died.

You said Clark has a swollen leg...any idea of why? He certainly has had a lot of problems....poor thing. Any pictures of the leg?

I do feel better about Leon, not that he passed, but that I know why.

Poor Clark-I never really even had that good a look at him. I picked him up at 9PM one night and took him straight to the Vet the next morning. I did not realize he was missing toenails, and I have been playing phone tag with my Vet. It sounds like a missing toenail has something to do with a leg/foot infection. I will go over there tomorrow and take a look. We may have to humanely end his suffering. I will make that decision after talking it over with the Vet.

When I went to the Vet to check on Clark (RIP) I had a better chance to talk to the Vet about Leon's necropsy. She said his liver, kidneys, heart, and lungs looked excellent and that he was in excellent body. The tumor in his intestine is what got him. She said she scoped fecal and bowel, and there were no parasites to be found. As sad as it is to lose him, it feels really good to know that I must be doing things right.

RIP Clark?? Did you have him put down?? So very very sorry to hear that he's gone. :( You've had a bad week or more. :(
Will you get a necropsy done?

RIP Clark?? Did you have him put down?? So very very sorry to hear that he's gone. :( You've had a bad week or more. :(
Will you get a necropsy done?

I will not Necropsy Clark-I think we have to chalk him up to a really poor existence.

Back
Top Bottom