lens cover

jimboc

hey, just curious, ive had my cham a month now, 6 month veiled, and his uvb light has a plastic cover over the bulb. is that filtering the uvb from reaching him? thanks. if so, could i have harmed him very much being that its been on there for a month now?

You need to remove that cover and yes it is filtering out the "good rays". I really doubt any harm came from it being it only a month.

-roo

hey, just curious, ive had my cham a month now, 6 month veiled, and his uvb light has a plastic cover over the bulb. is that filtering the uvb from reaching him? thanks. if so, could i have harmed him very much being that its been on there for a month now?

Yes, it is filtering out all the UVB. I am guessing an ESU slimline light fixture? That was brilliant of the company. You need to remove the plastic cover. It is possible that you have harmed your chameleon, but hopefully, you were also supplementing with calcium with D3 and that helped to offset the early stages of MBD.

Heika

Yeah I orginally got one of those in a package deal. I was a little confused when I read the sticker on it telling me to remove it. Could have save possibly hundreds of thousands of dollars if they just left the stupid thing off. Go figure.

I think the cover is more for aquariums that have the top fixture with the backside open. The cover protects the bulb from the aquarium water.

-roo

Back
Top Bottom