LEDs and reef tanks

saw that quite a few of you were into saltwater tanks and wanted to share some pics from when I was running a 55gal reef tank w/ two 120W LED fixtures and a 36" t5

Ive been thinking real hard about starting up a nano tank again... but ill stick to one wallet-crippling hobby at a time

sexy shrimp
CRbLlY9.jpg

aussie fungia
airoY9i.jpg

2JieSpU.jpg

yuma ricordea
AAd5uZg.jpg

gorgonian
n8v5wpL.jpg

and some other assorted shots
7bmoPr3.jpg

gk6bPbB.jpg

uxvA3mr.jpg

h4UeyQ5.jpg

FzKH1cV.jpg

88ZJP2T.jpg

QvqjHWT.jpg

gkWudty.jpg

kKOOmkf.jpg

the sump demon:
WsD3ZYV.jpg

also, here are some (painfully) short vids of my old tilefish... and a vid of my tank w/ the planet earth sound track dubbed over, because I was just that bored

[YOUTUBE]JHzKlCl49UY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Gg5VCTxkvTo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]vmWCup9nbUQ[/YOUTUBE]

Really cool. I have mbuna tanks but hope to have a reef one day. Untill then ill have to enjoy pictures like this

that maxima is killer!! lol i feel you on sticking to one wallet draining hobby lol.. i am still planning a reef build though lol. probably do a 40 breeder high light set up, i love crocea's so i want to be able to keep them with out any trouble.. im just an LPS fan though..and the sump monster is AWESOME

that maxima is killer!! lol i feel you on sticking to one wallet draining hobby lol.. i am still planning a reef build though lol. probably do a 40 breeder high light set up, i love crocea's so i want to be able to keep them with out any trouble.. im just an LPS fan though..and the sump monster is AWESOME

yeah, the B&W maxi was definitely a prized addition. I used to manage the invertebrate husbandry dept for a major importer that had its base in los angeles, so I had access to some SERIOUSLY cherry pieces. The Australian fungia alone... God, I really didnt know how good I had it, but they paid me like sh*t, so I left :rolleyes:

Ill upload some more pics tomorrow, and some vids of the old dwarf lionfish I had in a small 30gal

PS
that mantis shrimp was a jerk :p

Back
Top Bottom