Leaving crickets in cage over night

its rare a cricket would reallyy bite ur cham but since u come out at 2 pm then u should feed him before sun down instead in the morning

So, by that logic, ants and fleas--which are far smaller than crickets--can't bite us? I think we all know that's wrong.

http://scienceray.com/biology/crickets-a-natural-history/

Actually, it depends on the size of the mouth and whether they have teeth or not. Just like Daddy Long-legs cannot penetrate our skin, yet they are one of the most poisonous spiders in the world. To be more specific, only certain types of crickets can actually bite humans. It depends what region you are from. Idk, maybe it's just me, I've handled hundreds of large crickets and have never been bitten. My 6 year old son has held plents as well, same result.

Actually, it depends on the size of the mouth and whether they have teeth or not. Just like Daddy Long-legs cannot penetrate our skin, yet they are one of the most poisonous spiders in the world. To be more specific, only certain types of crickets can actually bite humans. It depends what region you are from. Idk, maybe it's just me, I've handled hundreds of large crickets and have never been bitten. My 6 year old son has held plents as well, same result.
I've been bitten twice by large adult brown crickets.

Even super worms i've been bitten. Never bothers me, but i wouldn't want to think what they could do to my chameleon when he's sleeping.

Guess you gotta be lucky to get bit by a cricket, let alone a "brown" one :)

I've been bitten twice by large adult brown crickets.

Even super worms i've been bitten. Never bothers me, but i wouldn't want to think what they could do to my chameleon when he's sleeping.

Guess you gotta be lucky to get bit by a cricket, let alone a "brown" one :)

Wow :) Did it hurt? IDK, i've never thought a cricket could bite a humam, :D guess I'm just lucky to have never been bitten. Now you guys are gonna have me thinking twice before holding a giant cricket haha

I no longer touch crickets because I've been bitten. I have told people this at expos and they all think I'm crazy. :rolleyes:

crickets do not bite people, I don't know where you guys are getting that from:rolleyes: You're probably feeling their legs trying to dig or escape, their mouths are not big enough to bite us.

To the OP, it sounds like your solution would be to cup feed. provided that your cup is steep enough, you can put feeders, including crickets, in there overnight. That way they can't escape and bite your cham.Another option would be to get smaller crickets, that do not bite, and let them free roam like you want.

The hell they cant! I know the difference between a pinching bite and a spur, besides, on an adult black field crick, you can SEE the mouth in the process of bitting you!! LOL :D

I was told by the lady at the pet store that she has been bitten several times. That was the first I had ever heard about crickets bitting. I wish she wouldn't have told me b/c now I grab them real quick when I have to and throw them in a bag haha

crickets do not bite people, I don't know where you guys are getting that from:rolleyes: You're probably feeling their legs trying to dig or escape, their mouths are not big enough to bite us.

Depends on the type and size of cricket. Some of them most definately can and will bite thru human skin and chameleon alike.

:eek: Wow many of you have been bitten lol I'm sure my time will come from doubting you.. I always grab the monster crickets out of the keeper in fear of my cham choking on them (he's only 4 1/2 months), but I've been lucky so far I guess.

never been bitten by a cricket <knocks on wood> but I have been bitten by a Superworm. I chucked that thing clear across the room :D I pick them up with tongs now lol

Back
Top Bottom