Leary the cham :)

Chopper562

Hey guys, i just bought a chameleon tonight from Fl chams. :D

He is a male veiled from Newtons bloodline, he should be beautiful. :)
i was going to do a panther this time, but geese theese veiled's father looked AMAZING to me.
I think Leary is a proper name for now. he should be here tomarrow morning.
I have a really nice cage i built for him, All the proper lights, and a diet planned out for him. He will love his home :) and multiple free ranges when he reaches proper age :D

i will update with pictures and fun stuff to keep a few viewers maybe? ;)

pretty stoked on my buddy coming. :)

thanks guys he should be coming by this afternoon and ill have him in the morning, although they are not answering my calls i think they shipped him today. :)

I HOPE THEY DID:D i ordered him last night, shoulda shipped today if they are operating correctly, I cant wait much longer guys :p

LEARY IS HERE!!! :)

He is SO BEAUTIFUL, really buff little guy hes only two months and hes a little fatt boy! :)

i first misting and feeding in his new home came after he went into the cage, he LOVED the misting after that plane ride, then he freekin ate ten crickets in about 2 minutes, fastest feeding ive seen on a little guy. everything is very promising for his future, he is going to show some CRAZY blues i can already see turqouis in him i cant believe it not to mention his insane body structure already.. cant waitto see his future :). :eek::eek::eek:

Leary is going to blow my mind ;)

from Florida to California, not a bad change huh buddy? ;)
lets get you warmed up from the horrible shipping container :)
IMG_1919.jpg

there we go buddy.
IMG_1920.jpg

thirsty? he was very thirsty and enjoyed the misting ALOT.
IMG_1916.jpg

started him off in the smaller cage i built for transportation/outdoor use :)
IMG_1917.jpg

the two cages i built, i ended up putting him in the big one because hes so strong and confident, he loves it already, super active and crazy feeder!
IMG_1923.jpg

ficus, branches, just temporary really, i'd like to make it cooler inside there for him im still brainstorming but this is already very good for him.
IMG_1924.jpg

5.0 UVB and a 100 watt heat lamp with a perch branch placed generously below for him to decide on warmth/cooling down
IMG_1925.jpg

im trying to brainstorm a better hood and placement for the 5.0 light so its legit, temporary but effective for the little dude for now

?QUESTION- he went for a few big chomps of the ficus (benjamina) but he couldnt get any to eat that i saw but he sure wanted it badly! is this OK for him to snack? im going to give him a variety of greens tomarrow how/where would you reccomend placing the greens, will he sniff them out on his own out of instinct? thanks

Everything looks great! He's a stunner too i'm happy everything is going so smoothly :). Also it's perfectly fine for him to munch of Ficus leaves they're non toxic. Enjoy! :)

looks good, I'm hours away from clicking a button for the same veiled
Plan on getting a female from northwest as well

^ DO IT

i don't know how many they have, but don't miss out on this one :)

This guy is So ahead of his game for 2 months, really really nice cham.

loving him to death and the colors have yet to suprise, that will be something:eek:

I am looking at getting a male from that newton fella. and a 4.5 month old female from northwest's veiled that they have

im actually calling him biggie now, because thats what i felt fit him better than leary. so welcome home BIGGIE :) if theres a kind Mod out there to change my thread title to BIGGIE the cham :)
that would be cool:p

Ill keep pictures updated of his life, currently going to raise some ooths to feed him when they both grow in a few months it will time out nicely

thanks man, im happy. :) i hope you get yours too biggie is awesome:D

he's all curled up right now, freekin great.. goodnight peeps

hes getting to be really confident in his space already, nice and strong/healthy.

how do you guys reccomend feeding greens? he has a strong appetite for greens and is trying everything green in there, even that platic vane LOL.
but when i put in normal greens he cant find them out of the ficus greens i assume :confused: thanks

IMG_1930.jpg

IMG_1929.jpg

Just got one!!

i just got one to from Flchams newton's bloodline and he looks just like your's. I wonder if they will look alike. What do you think they will look like?

^^ mine was worth the money.. he just seems like a super cham compared to my other veileds/vieled ive seen :) :)

hes faster, stronger, eats better, super active, 'buff' little body. i love him

also hes already show some hints of his blue color after misting, seeing real sun, or puffing up/yawning under his light after meals (super cool)

and yes, they should look similar for sure! post pictures i will follow your thread and you can follow mine and check out our extended brothers living without eachother :)

i seriously can kinda predict his future and its looking really good for a veiled (newtons) cant wait for those colors to pop:rolleyes:

Congratulations on your new little guy! He looks great. Make sure you keep us updated on photos as he grows. :)

That is great that he likes greens... stick some Kale or Collard Greens in there with him. They also like bananas, strawberries, blueberries...

I notice you have a red heat lamp. You don't need to use that. Just a plain incandescent bulb will be sufficient for heat along with the 5.0 uvb bulb.

Thanks for showing us Biggie! I look forward to watching him grow up!

Back
Top Bottom