Leap habitats and carpet chams!

Uri

Avid Member
Build my 15x17x24 enclosures and they look great! And the lighting is great but if you do use them my 5.0 46in leap uvb is POWERFUL I elevated it so much and lowered the branches to give make sure they can’t climb the screen and expose their bellies to unreal amounts of Uv and it may look bare but in about a month or 2 it will be pure grasslands I planted some Kentucky bluegrass seeds to replicate grasslands and cork to give the feeders climbing spots

Attachments

• 9B4AF501-DA18-4289-954F-F94AB6C3D212.jpeg
    9B4AF501-DA18-4289-954F-F94AB6C3D212.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 80
  • 9C6E4424-0494-4B28-B89F-6DFF78B7A46B.jpeg
    9C6E4424-0494-4B28-B89F-6DFF78B7A46B.jpeg
    280.2 KB · Views: 85
  • E2E66432-BFE6-49FB-B9E7-7EBA3ED288B2.jpeg
    E2E66432-BFE6-49FB-B9E7-7EBA3ED288B2.jpeg
    162.6 KB · Views: 93
I am also very excited to get Leap for my carpet chameleons. We’re they easy to put together?
It took a bit for me to realize how but after building one you don’t need the instructions I did use a hammer for the extra force but the hardest part is the substrate tray and getting it right it took me about 10-15 minutes per enclosure after the first one I’m impressed by how light they are my smaller pvc enclosures are twice the weight which is insane

Very cool. I'm going to order a Leap on Monday for my carpet boy. I'm ready to go bioactive. Are you using supplemental heat or just uvb in yours? I'm thinking I'll try just uvb and a plant light on mine.

Very cool. I'm going to order a Leap on Monday for my carpet boy. I'm ready to go bioactive. Are you using supplemental heat or just uvb in yours? I'm thinking I'll try just uvb and a plant light on mine.
I just got the long uvb and led bulb they sell and it provides enough heat on it’s own after a month if owning them I’ve stopped using supplemental heating on my carpet it hasn’t been much time but he hasn’t seemed to need it and I still get low to high 80s for basking with just that and with these I’m no expert but I mean it saves me energy not having them I will say these Uvb bulbs the 5.0 are more powerful than reptisun and Arcadia that or these reflectors are much better so I’d definitely stick to the normal uvb bulbs unless you have a uvi meter to test it

I just got the long uvb and led bulb they sell and it provides enough heat on it’s own after a month if owning them I’ve stopped using supplemental heating on my carpet it hasn’t been much time but he hasn’t seemed to need it and I still get low to high 80s for basking with just that and with these I’m no expert but I mean it saves me energy not having them I will say these Uvb bulbs the 5.0 are more powerful than reptisun and Arcadia that or these reflectors are much better so I’d definitely stick to the normal uvb bulbs unless you have a uvi meter to test it
Interesting I was thinking about getting one of their lights for my leaf tail geckos but I've already had to raise my 46inch Arcadia on like three 2x4's lol . And these are more powerful 🤔

Build my 15x17x24 enclosures and they look great! And the lighting is great but if you do use them my 5.0 46in leap uvb is POWERFUL I elevated it so much and lowered the branches to give make sure they can’t climb the screen and expose their bellies to unreal amounts of Uv and it may look bare but in about a month or 2 it will be pure grasslands I planted some Kentucky bluegrass seeds to replicate grasslands and cork to give the feeders climbing spots
Love your setups! I recently got a leap rack and a few enclosures. I have Helmeted chameleons. How did you get your branches secure? The trouble I am having is mounting the branches securely to give proper baski g spots, and where to find them. I'd love some oak branches, but all I can find to purchase are manzanita. I fear collecting I'd hate to bring in outside pests or pestisides that may be present.

Attachments

• 20230225_113857.jpg
    20230225_113857.jpg
    218.8 KB · Views: 31
Love your setups! I recently got a leap rack and a few enclosures. I have Helmeted chameleons. How did you get your branches secure? The trouble I am having is mounting the branches securely to give proper baski g spots, and where to find them. I'd love some oak branches, but all I can find to purchase are manzanita. I fear collecting I'd hate to bring in outside pests or pestisides that may be present.
Build a kind frame work / ledges from branches in the corners and connect from there on with other branches and/or twigs. Look good so far. What are the dimensions of the enclosure?

I think that would be better size for a helmet chameleon. Still keep us posted when it is finished and more picture of him or her please 😌 love them

I know. I am kicking myself now. I just spent a good chunk of money on 4 22x24's and it seemed plenty tall....I didn't account for the soil, which obviously takes up room. Maybe now I have an excuse to get some frogs and get 4 new taller enclosures over time.

Back
Top Bottom