Laying on branch with leg hanging off?

I’m trying to get a picture of him from the side but he’s not cooperating at the moment. He’s been doing this for a week approx. I’ve been watching for any swelling or signs of mbd but I don’t see any. I have all the correct lighting, t5ho with arcadia 6% long linear. I’m careful with his supplements. I’m using calcium no D3 two feedings a week. I used to use it 3 times a week but recently jacksjill told me it’s better to only use it twice a week. I also give him reptivite with D3 once per month. this one is from today but I know you can’t see his legs well here. I’ll try to get some more later.

Attachments

• 0A1A744F-F280-4C82-82D0-AC10717D11B0.jpeg
    0A1A744F-F280-4C82-82D0-AC10717D11B0.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 94
@kinyonga heres a picture I took a few minutes ago. Not sure if you can see his legs well enough or not. I don’t see any swelling but Jackson’s xanths do have bigger legs, they normally look kind of baggy if you know what I mean.

Attachments

• D524CB9D-BA59-4D9A-A360-BE526D45C5BB.jpeg
    D524CB9D-BA59-4D9A-A360-BE526D45C5BB.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 61
Handsome fella--- Let him crawl on your arm and see if you feel a difference in strength. His size should leave some nice little nail marks. Plus, with the last picture he is doing the side hide thing. (y)
It just might be his thang to do. I know with mine---- the back leg hike is usually done before or after pooping. Then they forget to put their leg down.
Has any of his other behaviors changed like eating, pooping, maybe head bobbing or even yawning more than normal.
All looks really good- nails, size, eyes and horns. Good Job! JMO

If there is no noticeable swelling, I would not be concerned. Just keep an eye out if swelling does begin to occur. But I'm not worried at all. He seems perfectly fine.

Redhorse's idea of handling him to see if there is any difference in strength is a good idea if you want some peace of mind. I think keeping an eye out for swelling should suffice.

If you can get a side shot of his leg, that would be very helpful. If not, no worries at all. He is probably perfectly fine.

Handsome fella--- Let him crawl on your arm and see if you feel a difference in strength. His size should leave some nice little nail marks. Plus, with the last picture he is doing the side hide thing. (y)
It just might be his thang to do. I know with mine---- the back leg hike is usually done before or after pooping. Then they forget to put their leg down.
Has any of his other behaviors changed like eating, pooping, maybe head bobbing or even yawning more than normal.
All looks really good- nails, size, eyes and horns. Good Job! JMO
thank you! No, nothing else has changed. He seems very healthy. Just wondered if they normally hang their legs to rest them. Evidently Eustis does! Lol!

If there is no noticeable swelling, I would not be concerned. Just keep an eye out if swelling does begin to occur. But I'm not worried at all. He seems perfectly fine.

Redhorse's idea of handling him to see if there is any difference in strength is a good idea if you want some peace of mind. I think keeping an eye out for swelling should suffice.

If you can get a side shot of his leg, that would be very helpful. If not, no worries at all. He is probably perfectly fine.
,thank you! Since I bugged him so much yesterday trying to get pictures, today he’s acting very shy hiding behind his branch every time I come near. I really feel that he is just hanging one leg at a time to rest them rather than anything being wrong. I just wanted other peoples opinions to be sure. I have taken him out of his cage and he is very strong! He does leave little nail prints on my hands!

,thank you! Since I bugged him so much yesterday trying to get pictures, today he’s acting very shy hiding behind his branch every time I come near. I really feel that he is just hanging one leg at a time to rest them rather than anything being wrong. I just wanted other peoples opinions to be sure. I have taken him out of his cage and he is very strong! He does leave little nail prints on my hands!
Perfect! I guess that settles it. He sounds perfectly healthy. Just keep an eye out to make sure nothing else develops. But it sounds like all is good. Agreed, I would just leave him alone then.

Hey, Lindasjackson

I just went to check on you-know-who, and found him like this... It's his sleeping perch.
1644090821917.png

I couldn't get any better/more pics because the rest of him is obscured by too much foliage, but we were able to peek in here & there. His tail goes straight up and is wrapped around a branch, so both of his back feet and his butt are just hanging in space. We got to laughing so hard it was hard to hold the camera still.

Back
Top Bottom