Laying eggs

madic

I have a female veiled chameleon. we are not sure her age but she has laid eggs before just fine. she definitely has eggs in her that are ready to lay. we have a laying bin (the same thing we had last time she laid) but she will not lay in there. she has dug but not a lot. Today i found 3 random eggs just laying in her cage in random spots. i’m not sure why she is doing this.

How many eggs did she lay last time?
Are you letting her see you when she's digging?
Can you post a photo of her please?
What supplements are you using? Please be specific.
How many insects do you feed her in a week?
How did you do with her eye issues?

How did you do with her eye

She laid somewhere around 40ish eggs last time
I am not letting her see me when she digs
I use Zoo med repti calcium without D3 every other day
And then the zoo med calcium with D3 a couple times a month
she normally eats 8 crickets each morning... but has not eaten in a couple weeks
and this is actually a different chameleon who has not had any issues with her eyes at all.

and here is the picture

Attachments

• E16D6296-0E6C-41D4-9346-FE807A73A4C3.jpeg
    E16D6296-0E6C-41D4-9346-FE807A73A4C3.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 80
She looks good in the photo.

I would be using the calcium at every feeding and I would only be feeding her every day.

Dropping eggs often means they are having issues with the egglaying...but it sometimes is because they don't like e site you've provided to lay the eggs in. What substrate are you using and how's the moisture level in it? Did you move it to a different location in the cage?

Last edited:
She looks good in the photo.

I would be using the calcium at every feeding and I would only be feeding her every day.

Dropping eggs often means they are having issues with the egglaying...but it sometimes is because they don't like e site you've provided to lay the eggs in. What substrate are you using and how's the moisture level in it? Did you move it to a different location in the cage?

I am just using unfertilized soil i don’t remember the brand of it... and i spray it with water every morning so that she can dig easily in it. and it is in the same spot as last time she laid.

I always used washed playsand. Sometimes they don't seem to like soil much. (The sand I use is produced by Kings and come in a white bag with red yellow and blue sand toys on the front.)

I'm glad she laid the eggs. How many did she lay?
Can you post a photo of her since she laid the eggs please?

I'm glad she laid the eggs. How many did she lay?
Can you post a photo of her since she laid the eggs please?
well we took her out bc she was buried. but we put her on a branch and she is still dropping eggs. so i’m just going to leave her laying for now.

Can you please post pictures of her after the collapse? It was probably caused by the moisture of the sand being to low, try and dig a tunnel with your finger and see if it will hold. That’s when you know you’ve got it right.

Can you please post pictures of her after the collapse? It was probably caused by the moisture of the sand being to low, try and dig a tunnel with your finger and see if it will hold. That’s when you know you’ve got it right.
yes. this is the picture i got right after.

Attachments

• 36F82960-429C-4A41-97FC-F165FFE3F60A.jpeg
    36F82960-429C-4A41-97FC-F165FFE3F60A.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 100
Back
Top Bottom