Laying Eggs

mjcham1

This isn’t really a breeding question but it’s regardjng when my female chameleon will lay eggs for the first time.

She’s currently showing signs of wanting to by going down towards to enclosure. I do have a laying bin and have cover the enclosure around all the way for total privacy. She’s also not really wanting to eat. Lastly she’s showing mature colorations of yellow spots, blue on her crown and sometimes black spots.

Welcome to the forums. What kind of chameleon do you have? Please post some pictures of your girl. Has she been mated?

Oh yes sorry she is a veiled chameleon around 9 months of age. Here is a picture I took the other day
upload_2018-6-23_11-53-55.jpeg

Welcome to the forums. What kind of chameleon do you have? Please post some pictures of your girl. Has she been mated?
Oh and no she has not been mated I forgot to include that in my last post. She is my only chameleon and I don’t have any intention to ever mate her

She Seem to be fine, she ended up laying 59 eggs, she scared me

Is she eating and drinking? That’s ALLOT of eggs! You should try cutting back on her food and heat to get smaller clutches once she has recovered from laying this clutch..

Last edited:
She Seem to be fine, she ended up laying 59 eggs, she scared me
Congratulations. It can be very stressful for both the chams and us! I think it’s because the process is so out of your control. Be sure to have plenty of water and food available to her, 59 eggs is a very large clutch.

You may already know this but clutches that large are very taxing on your girl. Repeated large clutches will shorten her life span. You can reduce her clutch sizes by restricting her food intake once she has recovered. A good clutch size would be around 40 eggs max. If I were you I would reduce her food intake by 20% and see what that does to the next clutch size. You can work it from there...

Back
Top Bottom