Laying eggs without being bred

mimibozzo

I heard that female chameleons start laying eggs before they even breed. Is that true? If so, what age do they start doing that? And how will I know she's getting ready to do that? I have a 7 month old male panther and a 5 month old female and I am eventually going to breed them but I was advised to wait until she is a year old.

They do lay eggs without being bred. Usually this just requires a laying bin and to give her some privacy.

Search 'chameleon laying bin'.

Breeding isn't all it's cracked up to be, you should talk to some of the breeders on the forum.

I agree with jimmy. If you have to ask that question then you are nowhere near ready to breed chameleons. It probably costs more than you think and you have to devote a lot of time to it. Your female could start laying infertile eggs within a month so you need to be prepared for that. If your are breeding as a way to make money then you REALLY need to rethink it. Most breeders on here do it for the joy. Yes there are many that can make money off of it but this can take years getting everything you need and establishing feeder colonies and such. I would not recommend that an inexperienced keeper breed chameleons. Tht being said, if you have the time and resources then please do all of the research you can before you attempt to breed your pair. I'm sure some experienced breeders will also chime in to offer you better advice. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom