Laying eggs at night

Dave85731

Avid Member
anyone ever have their female laying eggs at night?... just got home to seeing her digging when it's lights out that's a 1st for me

Nope! Leave her be, don't disturb her. If your lights aren't on a timer, leave them off until she's done, maybe even cut the timer off and just leave the lights off until she's done. Don't let her see you watching, don't allow light from opening the door to the room disturb her. She needs peace and quiet.

Yea it's on a timer it'll kick on at 10am I've always removed the eggs right away I guess waiting till the morning can't hurt lol

As long as she's done laying, the lights coming on are fine. I'd stop them from coming on, if she is still laying. Are you expecting babies?

She did good she eventually went to sleep then this morning she finished filling the hole in and went back to her normal normal routine

Nope! Leave her be, don't disturb her. If your lights aren't on a timer, leave them off until she's done, maybe even cut the timer off and just leave the lights off until she's done. Don't let her see you watching, don't allow light from opening the door to the room disturb her. She needs peace and quiet.
I have a female panther that dug her hole and slept in hole that night, next day she was basking and never returned to the hole she dug, she never cover the hole ,,she's eating good and everything normal ,, this was about a week ago , yesterday was cleaning day for my male vield and female panther housery , decided to clean her laying bin also , no eggs in bin so now I'm a little stumped as to what when on with the female panther ,,,any info would be appricated

I've never had that happen yet she slept in the hole then finished burying in the morning gave her a few horn worms and took the eggs out lol... if I was you I would just leave the bin in the cage and let her be for a few days and if any thing you can cover the cage so she can't get disturbed my veiled will dig and lay in front of you she don't care lol but I always read about chams wanting privacy so covering won't hurt... is she eating? If she is then she should be good I would assume

she is eating 5-8 small 3/8 crickets one day next day she eats 4-5 dubia roaches , she has always been a lazy cham, but she still moves around normal,, poo is good ,,,, I guess she was doing a practice dig ,,, just a worried owner I guess,,,I have never felt eggs ,,, both my chams had a check up 2 months ago everything was Ok,,,,,I tried covering the housery and she didn't like that at ALL,,,,she's a calm cham now the male vield is another story he think he's a bad ass LOL,,, I keep them from seeing each other so I'm sure that's not any problem,, I will watch how she eats and if any change in behavior to the vet she will go ,, thanks for the info

Back
Top Bottom