Laurie having a bad day

warpdrive

Avid Member
Hi everyone,

well, my little Laurie had her first shed the other day and I finaly had some time to post some photos.

she is such a funny little girl, as you can clearly tell how uncomfurtable she is while this was going on.
she also is quite silly in the way she drinks...
she almost never licks the leaves. instead, she rushes under the plant to "SHOOT" at the dripping water. :p
(I gata shoot a video of her drinking. it's just too funny.)

she is also showing a bunch of reds every now and then starting with this shed.
while you can see some in the photos, she normaly doesn't show her awsome new colors once she sees the camera. :(

I'm also happy to say that I have regained her trust almost completely, as she runs to the front of the cage now each time I open it to hand feed her or mist the cage. :D

4079124879_4484f3c29e_b.jpg

4079883200_0e8cfe4f17_b.jpg

she looks realy unhappy in this shot
4079883556_3f59151a26_b.jpg

4079884834_6c608b93c8_b.jpg

4079884242_ca05e3f89d_b.jpg

4079885624_6803048b9b_b.jpg

and now her boyfriend Splat...he's 9 months old today.
4079886186_45f0ded6c2_b.jpg

I hope you enjoyed. :)

love,
Harry, Laurie, and Splat

Last edited:
My guy was also shedding today for the first time under my care. He was mad and rubbing his body against everything in the cage!

Awwww she's lovely looking,very cute!!and he's a handsome boy!!they will make beautiful bubbies when the time comes i'm sure:)

despite her being shy for the camera, she has some lovely colors and patterns displayed! shes probably thinking, "jeeze this is embarassing, do you mind, dad?"

id love to see her drinking! mine shoots her tounge at droplets as well and never gently licks from leaves lol :)

Harry, Little Laurie is just so cute!!!!! Her colors are coming in nicely! Splat is even more handsome than in the last photos you posted. It's hard to believe he's already 9 months old. I've watched him grow up on here. Enjoy every moment you have with them! Jann

AWWW! Laurie is just sooo cute! I love the sad look they get when shedding! Amy's been shedding this week too, and I've really enjoyed it. Are you planning to share the video of Laurie drinking? I would love to see that!:D

I call them "peely meelies" (as in " 'meleons") when they're like that. Got the gular crest inflated and everything. The good thing is, at that age, it's all over in a day or two and they can get back to normal. (And they're prettier each shed.)

thank you all for the kind words.

yes Jannb, I too can't belive that he is 9 months old.
I remember when he was just this little tiny guy shooting at houseflys and the smallest of crickets. he was so cute when I first got him at 6 weeks old. now he's a monster who laughs at me if I try to feed him a 5 week old cricket. yet have a large silkie and this guy will run right at you to shoot it.

sorry Tiff, I didn't shoot the video yet of her drinking. she is just a bit shy of the camera and I don't want to push it on her too much, as she is starting to trust me alot and comes to the front of the cage each time I open it to feed her...at least for the last few days anyway.
but soon I'll have to film her as it's just so funny watching her shoot at the droplets that are dripping from the stems of her pothos.

Harry

She's looking really good Harry.

Holy crap look at the nails on that girl....you need to take her to get het nails did. :p

Isn't Laurie the one that was having the weird seizures or whatever? How's that going? Or am I thinking of someone else?

yes, that was Laurie.
she hasn't had any problems since I've had her on day 2.
I did take her to the vet and got a clean bill of health.
since then, she has had great poops and urates and has been absolutely wonderful to care for.

Pure said:
Holy crap look at the nails on that girl....you need to take her to get het nails did.

you noticed that huh? lol
yeah, she had ultra long nails since I got her.
she is not a cage climber at all so her nails never get filed down like my Splat.

I think that in another month or two I'm gona have to get her a manicure and pedicure for her....
at least with her nails I wont have to pay for silkraps. now that is quite costly. :p

Harry

Back
Top Bottom