Late Hatchling

I had 3 clutches of oustalets eggs hatch last year in june and july. all but three eggs hatched. I left the three in the bin and 2 days ago I was checking them and discovered a new hatchling---amazing 24 months incubating--hopefully the other 2 will hatch also

Wow a 2 year incubation? That's insaneee. Did it hatch out nice n healthy? Wow everyday I come across something amazing on this forums. And today a 2 year incubation!!! Dayum!

Good thing you left the little one in there! Thats incredible. It'll be interesting to know whether such a long incubation will have any effect on growth or health.

What were the temps?

Curious to know also. I have a clutch of Panthers. I split the clutch (some incubated at higher temps and others at lower temps.

Well the warmer portion of the clutch hatched in Feb. The cooler temps started hatching last week.

Granted it's not 24 months. But 4 months hatch difference for eggs in the same clutch is crazy.

I noticed in your previous posts you talk about WC parents from Florida and your eggs were from them. So is it safe to assume these eggs were from one of the WC specimens from Florida?

Hope this thread grows! Very interesting...

Back
Top Bottom