Las Vegas Help!!!!🥵🔥🥵🔥

garcia031

So I'm new to the Las Vegas area. Found this awesome reptile shop called cold-blooded reptiles on Decatur and flamingo. Go see Ron tell him Aldo sent you. Anywho I'm going to be picking up a sambaba next weekend. And being that it's Las Vegas it's hard to keep that ambient temperature where they like. Any suggestions from all who live in Hot deserts that have panthers here

I’ve never been anywhere near a hot desert, but I imagine you have central AC. If so, that should take care of your excess heat concerns. Humidity will be a challenge I imagine. You’ll need to either invest in a hybrid enclosure (screen and pvc) or enclose 3 sides of a screen enclosure and definitely have a cool mist humidifier for night use.

So I'm new to the Las Vegas area. Found this awesome reptile shop called cold-blooded reptiles on Decatur and flamingo. Go see Ron tell him Aldo sent you. Anywho I'm going to be picking up a sambaba next weekend. And being that it's Las Vegas it's hard to keep that ambient temperature where they like. Any suggestions from all who live in Hot deserts that have panthers here
do you have an ac unit?

I’ve never been anywhere near a hot desert, but I imagine you have central AC. If so, that should take care of your excess heat concerns. Humidity will be a challenge I imagine. You’ll need to either invest in a hybrid enclosure (screen and pvc) or enclose 3 sides of a screen enclosure and definitely have a cool mist humidifier for night use.
to keep humidity up I have 50% of my cages covered up. At night I aim for 80%-100% and the day I hit 50-60% and keep it at 75 degrees during the day ambient temp, and drop it to 68-70 degrees at night. The cages get a little cooler with the misting at night time too, so inside the cage it can get to 60 degrees for a while right after misting. Cooler ambient temps help raise the humidity.

I don't live in a desert.....for humidity, I spray with 2 gallon sprayer, in morning when lights on and before lights out...I have live plants in viv...thats all I do...in screen cages....all mine are 100%

Back
Top Bottom