Lamp Holder

KamaKamaChameleon!

Avid Member
So I recently bought a lamp holder for my heat lamp but the one I bought was to short for my cage! The one that would actually fit wouldn't come here until like next month. So I'm not sure what to do.

what did you buy.... Did you buy the mounting one like this...

Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 12.16.06 PM.png

what did you buy.... Did you buy the mounting one like this...

View attachment 276324
I tried getting that one at first but I wouldn't come for a while

Are you referring to an actual heat lamp, or an incandescent bulb for basking?
If the latter, you can pick up an inexpensive dome clamp light almost anywhere for less than $10. ;)
I'm talking about the dome (and the bulb inside of the dome) so I can suspend it above the cage, if i got a clamp I dont know where I would clamp it

I tried getting that one at first but I wouldn't come for a while

I'm talking about the dome (and the bulb inside of the dome) so I can suspend it above the cage, if i got a clamp I dont know where I would clamp it
It is the only one designed that I have found that we can customize to our cages. There are multiple places you can buy it from. Petco even carries them in most stores.

It is the only one designed that I have found that we can customize to our cages. There are multiple places you can buy it from. Petco even carries them in most stores.
Atleast from looking on the website it says their out of stock in my area, Ive checked both petco and petsmarts websites

Sorry, that's not what I asked. Is the bulb inside the dome an actual IR heat lamp, or an incandescent bulb for basking? It matters because if a fixture is rated (for example) 75W, that's for an incandescent or LED. A 75W IR heat lamp or Halogen will burn too hot for the fixture and could create a hazard.

I built a simple stand out of scraps of wood that I could affix a clamp light on to, mount the basking light at an angle, move it around, etc. while I was building an enclosure with a built-in recessed aim-able ceiling fixture to house the permanent basking bulb—a household incandescent bulb. I made the mistake of trying to use halogen bulbs, and they burnt out within 16 hrs.

Back
Top Bottom