Kiwi's Update 29 Days in Gestation

So Kiwi has gained an approximate 20-23 grams since she mated on February 15, 2011. She has healthy egg bumps showing through her belly and has started to become not as active around food. she spent most of today basking under her UVB, and has been kept well hydrated. Her gutload consist of higher calcium foods, lettuces and citrus fruits, along with vegetables containing Vit A and Beta Carotene.

Since this is her 2nd clutch, but first fertile clutch, I expect her to start digging within the next week to week and a half.

caught a silkworm
Kiwieatssilkworm.jpg

Kiwicute.jpg

Kiwi.jpg

kiwiwet.jpg

with flash
eggs2-1.jpg

without flash
eggs1-1.jpg

let's hope for a successful cluch lay!!

from the last pic she looks to be full of eggs! I hope she lays well for you! it stressed me out so much when Delilah laid! I think it was more difficult for me than her :eek::rolleyes: just kidding

ChameleonRave - i know you're not kidding, there's nothing more stressful to us than when our females our gravid and about to lay. im gonna be going ape crap when i'm at work.

*Hoj, I hope you read this.. hook me up with this device you speak of that allows you to check on anything you want in your herp room. or any room for that matter

TandraLee - Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, they will be greatly needed

that would never happen lol. but back to the thread guys. anything else i should be doing to prepare for this? or same as last time? i oxytocin treated her the first clutch she ever laid, but i have confidence this will go smooth. she looks like shes ready and knows what to do. lol. i am a nervous dad i'll tell ya

I just kept everything normal. just fed her less so she didn't lay so many eggs. obviously i failed at that lol. But she did well. Just make sure she has the bin in her cage and she should be good if she stops eating she should be ready to lay. :) but do everything the same as last time. hopefully you don't need Oxytocin.

I just kept everything normal. just fed her less so she didn't lay so many eggs. obviously i failed at that lol. But she did well. Just make sure she has the bin in her cage and she should be good if she stops eating she should be ready to lay. :) but do everything the same as last time. hopefully you don't need Oxytocin.

she does have a laying bin. a 3gallon pain bucket filled 3/4 full with washed playsand, that is always getting re-moist from the mist machine, it is dressed up and hidden with fake plants and is located in the back corner of her cage. see picture.
kiwicage2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom