kinyongia in glass vivs

Jimred

Hello,
Does anyone keep Kinyongia in glass vivs, i was thinking of keeping a pair in a glass viv with ventilation fans or is it a bad idea?
Thanks

Why cant you keep them together, sorry i keep day geckos & frogs but never kept Chameleons, its rally hard find any information on Kinyongia
Thanks

Why cant you keep them together, sorry i keep day geckos & frogs but never kept Chameleons, its rally hard find any information on Kinyongia
Thanks

If you have never kept chameleons, then the Kinyongia genus is the last thing you should be looking at. They are seldom available, almost all that are available are wildcaught, and their husbandry is significantly higher than the average "starter" chameleon.

Respectfully, I think you should do yourself a favor and read way way way more before even considering a purchase like this.

It is "Chameleons 101" knowledge that they cannot be kept together, with the exception of pygmies and sometimes Meller's in a very large free-range setup. Chameleon husbandry bears no similarity whatsoever to geckos and frogs and they need very specific conditions to thrive. You cannot keep them together because they are very very territorial and aggressive animals. They will stress each other out to death or the larger will starve the smaller to death. If it is a M/F pair, the male will force the female to mate as often as he likes, significantly reducing her lifespan and causing just a miserable life for her.

If you are serious about keeping chameleons, consider a veiled or panther chameleon as your first option.

The larger Chameleons don't really do much for me, can you recommend a smaller species of Chameleons(CB)
The kinyongia are been sold as Wild farmed whatever that means, i have been breeding day geckos and various frogs for over 15 years.
Theres quite a few Trioceros for sale at the moment but very little information available

I will go out on a limb and think you are talking about a Jackson. There is a ton of information on them, but they still have to be separated. No chameleon should be kept together except only at breeding.

I know some people have kept hoehnelli together in pairs but is difficult. As someone's who's breed day geckos, anoles & lacertas, Chameleons are very different than geckos. They closest I would say are to Anoles. A CB Jacksons or Veiled or Panther is probably ur best best, The Jacksonii jacksonii are smaller than the more common xantherlophus. Id highly recommend the Chameleons Breeders Podcast by @DeremensisBlue

Back
Top Bottom