Kinyongia boehmei

A little bit of extra info; I weighed all of them on 3 Jan. 13 and today (29 Jan.), the male went from 1,82 to 2,82 grams, the female I have left went from 1,50 to 1,30 grams... Bad news for her...

i

A little bit of extra info; I weighed all of them on 3 Jan. 13 and today (29 Jan.), the male went from 1,82 to 2,82 grams, the female I have left went from 1,50 to 1,30 grams... Bad news for her...

Interesting... Just to clarify, are those measurements 18.2 to 28.2, and 15.0 to 13 grams?

Yes, grams, but you made them a bit heavier than they are in fact ;)

(You might have missed my earlier post on the previous page by the way, just to point it out)

Found myself some new boehmei yesterday, this time they're CH. I talked to the seller, he told me the eggs were incubated in an incubator with some snake eggs, since he didn't have room anywhere else. As a result, the eggs were supposedly incubated at 28 degrees C and hatched after about 110 days. This really surprised me...

All three boehmei's looked healthy when I bought them. I'm always very critical.

:eek: I didnt notice the temps in your post or just forgot! Damn! Those are super high temps. Way higher than I would use. Ive read in one book (either Necas or Chams of Africa) that a high incubation was used for tavetana eggs and they hatched in around 140 days. I wonder how those babies did? I dont think the incubation was quite as high as yours but it was high still. I had 4 clutches of nice strong babies. Incubation was 65 to 69 degrees F and they took around 10.5 months to hatch.

Incubating boehmei eggs at 28c is a very bad joke:mad:why not cook them at 100c than you can eat them...
Its a scandal that sellers still tell such a lie to people:(
Incubating multituberculata,tavetana,matschiei and boehmei happens between 18 and 21 degreese!;)

They're higher temps than I would use as well. Anyway, it was a bad idea to buy them, cause I lost the second female today. The male still looks like a champion though...
If the seller doesn't answer my email, I'll confront him next time I see him.

This is sad to hear.
I still have 6 of 8 boehmei babys alive. They grow pretty slow but look healthy. Will update pictures soon.

This is sad to hear.
I still have 6 of 8 boehmei babys alive. They grow pretty slow but look healthy. Will update pictures soon.

Glad to hear they are doing well. The tavetanas grew really slow too. Took about 1.5 years for them to be full grown.

Cant wait for an update, Marcus:)

Here's a few photo's of my young male :)

Attachments

• CSC_9416.jpg
    CSC_9416.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 316
  • DSC_9402.jpg
    DSC_9402.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 326
Back
Top Bottom