Kinked tail

Matt.Maddy

My chameleon kinked his tail when I tried to get him out of his enclosure he snipped at me and bit the tip of his tail now it is kinked it broke his skin and tiny bit did not bruise or anything does anyone know if the kink will straighten back out he still uses it climbing and it curls all the way up to the tip night not the very end??

The problem with the fact that it broke the skin is you have to deal with the possibility of the tissue becoming necrotic.... post pictures please.

The problem with the fact that it broke the skin is you have to deal with the possibility of the tissue becoming necrotic.... post pictures please.

Attachments

• IMG_20201205_154228430_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201205_154228430_HDR.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 84
Yeah he isn't curling it right... You want to watch it closely. I would go ahead and look around for a reptile vet in case you need to take him in. If you start seeing the end turning black this is how you know he has to be seen. Means the tail is becoming necrotic and dying off. If it doesnt then he may always have a bit of a kink in the tail but the wound heals on it's own.

Back
Top Bottom