King Colin - Yemen help me save him

colin is gonna be a very happy chappy........
the light is a combined uv and heat lamp, 160watt so should be nice and warm...also can adjust by raising or lowering the lamp, the reason the lamp is a high rating is because will need it in the winter months.
The box was varnished using a 99% solvent free and 0.19%Voc rating so think will be fine if he eats a bit ;)

My whole setup has now cost me £150

IMG-20110506-00294.jpg

IMG-20110506-00295.jpg

Mission Accomplished!

You have did what the thread said you wanted, you have saved Colin from any thing but a great enclosure and he now has a wonderful loving home. Mission Accomplished!

Broke! well how you gunna feed the guy? (only joking, job well done and keep up the great work mate) :D:D

feed him! at this rate im gonna have to eat him myself :p

ive found some acrylic that is uv protected for a good price its 2ft x 3ft so will need a 1ft section at the bottom but think will be good

My acrylic arrived today so just need to decide how I'm going to attach it the front, I orginally was going to hang it as a door but its not very stiff! Lol I'm now thinkink of making it so it slides in and out from the top so can open it a bit to clean the bottom out or remove it comletely for thorough cleaning....hnnn

I also got a plant for it a hibiscus with pink flowers (a friends choice lol)
http://mmg.photobucket.com/linkcode...VNb6G05t/9Uc2bXPFl/8e6ZehJYlXOMKInDtLMP7tgrs=

this is the temporary finish until i get some more funds as im starting a small business up

I used some radiator covering from the local hardware store, the front has mesh behind it (colin is all over it like a rash! might move it, not sure see how it goes)

the back needs meshing as the locusts are able to get through it,
it looks really empty even with the plant in but going to pick up some branches from the woods just haven't got a minute spare, i just thought he'd be better off in the bigger enclosure as soon as possible.

Im glad i got the hibiscus plant as hes already been munching the leaves, and seems quite happy in the new enclosure.

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTExLTAwMzI2LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTExLTAwMzI0LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTExLTAwMzI1LmpwZw.jpg

Well alot has happened in the last two weeks ive had two bulbs explode!! for no reason, the pet shop owner has replaced the complete unit this time, finger crossed as if not will be going with the seperate lamps.....
I also need to complete my dripper system, after seeing the panther below licking the mesh lol im tempted to run a bit of mesh against the side with a home made mist system prob use a car washer bottle and motor, with a switch on it of some sort.....

he was the store pet had the end of his tail missing so guess that was why! named fluffy he had two other panthers a blue one and a dark brown one....was very tempted to buy another :eek:

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTE1LTAwMzM4LmpwZw.jpg

utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTEyLTAwMzI5LmpwZw.jpg

After a long bike ride (excuse the hair had been wearing a hat!) colin decided he wanted out so took him out.....guessing all the heat was rushing out my head as he made for the top and sat there :)
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwNTE2LTAwMzQ1LmpwZw.jpg

Chameleons always go up. I just don't like it when they try to go up my face. Hair, ok face - no. Where is your uvb? Are you using the long tube type? Colin sure is looking good.

Chameleons always go up. I just don't like it when they try to go up my face. Hair, ok face - no. Where is your uvb? Are you using the long tube type? Colin sure is looking good.

no he went for the ear route, that was interesting lol

its an all in one unit if u scroll up the pictures its uva uvb and heat lamp, not sure how long its staying as i said had problems already

no he went for the ear route, that was interesting lol

its an all in one unit if u scroll up the pictures its uva uvb and heat lamp, not sure how long its staying as i said had problems already

it doesn't matter where those little feet hit on the way up, they tickle.

his are really sharp actually lol got a scratch from where i was putting him back in and he jumped off my arm......

his white poo is a little yellowy so need to start my drip / mist / whatever it is he will drink from i think.... as he doesnt like the spray bottle there is a supply of water in the tank but he doesnt go near it

any advice??? or best drinking solutions or again are they all different lol

If you just gently mist him most will learn to drink form the mister. I have had to hand mist a couple for about 5 min before they START drinking. Then another 5 or 6 to get them well hydrated. other than that i think a dripper is your best bet.

ive just made a quick dripper system ive got 2 holes in the top of the case now with two plastic cups with small holes in,

one lands on the hibiscus, the other lands in the water dish in the tank making a nice splash so hopefully he will learn from that....

ive tried misting him directly but he doesnt seem to like it :( he was drinking from it before now he just walks off....

Back
Top Bottom