Killed my hibiscus....

Dominomyles

I have an XL reptibreeze and have a ti plant and a hibiscus tree in there. Needless to say, I killed the hibiscus. I use a 100w powersun and manually most several times a day (heavily) What are y'all's favorite plants that are hardy enough to hold a cham (panther) and are easy to keep alive? My ti plant is still alive and well.
Thanks!

My fav plants are pothos and umbrella trees. Hibiscus can do well but really needs a lot of light in the 6500k range

Get a 6500K flourescent bulb at a Home Depot, ALL your plants will do MUCH better.

Nick

May be a really stupid question but here it goes, the first time ever even looking at plants was to do my chams enclosure so I literally know nothing about plants or their lighting. Is that 6500k light not going to add heat to the enclosure??

I really like the umbrella trees as well, and the pothos are cool too but since it's one of those hanging plants (right?) how would I use that in there? I wanted to get one of those to hang off my ceiling for his free range when he starts to want to come out, right now the last thing he wants to do is leave his little home.

Pothos

A pothos plant is a vine. All of mine grow in pots from the bottom of my cage. They vine all over the cage, though you may have to help steer them.

I hang my pothos with clear fishing line. A 6500k cfl will only bring the top of the cage up a couple degrees if that.

I have always had great luck with Schefflera plants, they are quite easy to maintain. I water mine about 2 times a week and its healthier than a horse!

Back
Top Bottom