Keeping Dubia roaches

Mjdwicinski

So I know they need heat to produce more but what's a safe temps tire for them at night. I've been putting my bin outside during the days since its been warm but at night the temp drops into low 60. Is this safe or should I bring them in at night

Buy a heating pad and keep them inside at a constant temp. I don't think the temperature fluctuations are much appreciated by the roaches. Moving the bin less leaves them "undisturbed" and lessens any chance of mishaps. I have never had a mishap, but there are plenty of the stories around.:D

I find when they don't have a heat source on the bottom of the bin they start exploring the lid area. They are awfully determined little creatures, so don't give them any motivation to look for escape routes! If they have a nice warm bottom of the bin, they will happily relax in the egg crates and do what they do.... reproduce!

Buy a heating pad and keep them inside at a constant temp. I don't think the temperature fluctuations are much appreciated by the roaches. Moving the bin less leaves them "undisturbed" and lessens any chance of mishaps. I have never had a mishap, but there are plenty of the stories around.:D

My favorite story was the guy where the heat lamp fell on the lid, shattered, but before it did it melted through the lid, which fell into the bin, which the 4k colony used as a stairway to heaven in their attic.

I've had no problems moving them inside and out. They are producing like crazy. Yes when they are inside they do sit on a heating pad but when it's nice outside I save the energy.

I have mine on a reptile heating mat and set, via a lamp dimmer, to 90F all the time.
I have more roaches then I can ever use! they breed like... errr..'roaches"!

Back
Top Bottom