Keeping Chameleons Outside

wanker

For those of you in So Cal and Florida, do any of you keep your chameleons outside? If so, what temperature range is okay, and do you ever use supplemental heating at night?

hey there, i have a panther chameleon, so the temp and humidity requirements vary by chameleon species (but the temps that i have are okay for panthers and veileds)

i currently keep my cham outside:) and i live in So Cal

the temps during the day should be 65-85 degrees, any hotter , make sure to have extra mistings and a constant drip system.

at night should be around the 60's, and i hear that they can tolerate night temps 50 and above, but i rather keep them 55 and up just in case.

i do not use anything for heat at night. i think the temp drop is good for them.

and the sunlight is just awsome for them, but let htem have some shady area to cool down.

because of Cali's weird weather, i would only yake my cham temporarly inside when it is really cold, and/or raining Bad.

if its too cloudy but temps are good, i provide an outside heat lamp for basking and thats it.

hope this helps:)

hey there, i have a panther chameleon, so the temp and humidity requirements vary by chameleon species (but the temps that i have are okay for panthers and veileds)

i currently keep my cham outside:) and i live in So Cal

the temps during the day should be 65-85 degrees, any hotter , make sure to have extra mistings and a constant drip system.

at night should be around the 60's, and i hear that they can tolerate night temps 50 and above, but i rather keep them 55 and up just in case.

i do not use anything for heat at night. i think the temp drop is good for them.

and the sunlight is just awsome for them, but let htem have some shady area to cool down.

because of Cali's weird weather, i would only yake my cham temporarly inside when it is really cold, and/or raining Bad.

if its too cloudy but temps are good, i provide an outside heat lamp for basking and thats it.

hope this helps:)

i have thought about outside keeping..i am in sd where are you in la my sis is in venice and successfully keeps a jacksons in an outside window cage( the cage door is her window, its like a screen box around that..pretty big for hers)..but it gets quite cold..her cham seems too be fine ( 7 years old) and her turtle is 11 years old..its the size of a huge dinner plate, was about the size of a quater when i gave the lil thing to her..but it gets cold there!! although 55 sounds about right for the coldest..

i have thought about outside keeping..i am in sd where are you in la my sis is in venice and successfully keeps a jacksons in an outside window cage( the cage door is her window, its like a screen box around that..pretty big for hers)..but it gets quite cold..her cham seems too be fine ( 7 years old) and her turtle is 11 years old..its the size of a huge dinner plate, was about the size of a quater when i gave the lil thing to her..but it gets cold there!! although 55 sounds about right for the coldest..

thats awsome man. i live close to south pasadena area. and the temps are pretty good so far for my cham in the spring and upcoming summer. however i feel the fall and winter months can be too cold, like the in the 40 degree temp at night and pretty chilly during the day. but we'll see.

i only starte recently and my cham loves it!!! BIG DIFFERENCE if you ask me

and what only worries me is that if anyboody might want to steal him in the middle of the night..lol i''ll brign my bat;)

i dont have a chameleon yet but a repticon few yrs back there was a lady there would have some veils for sale and she said she had be keeping hers free range out on her screened in back porch with plenty of plants,misting etc...

I am in south africa, my cham has an outside cage but sleeps in an inside cage at night because its winter now and the temp drops from 80 in the day to 40 at night Fahrenheit of course. but in summer the temp doesn't go under 65 so its going to be sleeping outside

Back
Top Bottom