K. matschiei hatching...

The matschiei eggs I collected on June 6th of last year have started hatching today, so an incubation period of just under 12 months.

These were eggs that I was not sure were healthy, due to the "cracked mirror" look they developed several months into incubation--sort of like they had over-expanded in size. Several months ago I sent some pictures of the eggs to Mike Fisher and he said they looked fine, and it appears he was correct.

IMG_6248_copy.jpg

I agree, you sure do have the babies hatching. How many babies do you have and what kinds? I have trouble keeping tract.lol But congrats on all the babies you will be able to offer to the chameleon community.

I agree, you sure do have the babies hatching. How many babies do you have and what kinds? I have trouble keeping tract.lol But congrats on all the babies you will be able to offer to the chameleon community.

Hi Laurie,

Yes, it's been a fruitful 4-6 weeks there's no doubt about it :)

Here are the babies that have hatched or been born over the past four or so weeks here:

calyptratus
pardalis
oustaleti
verrucosus
cristatus
pfefferi
montium
dilepis
quadricornis
johnstoni
matschiei
sternfeldi

Thanks for your interest :) Always happy to work with any forum member who needs a particular species.

Sam

Back
Top Bottom