K. matschiei eggs

Mike Fisher

Established Member
I got 21 eggs today. All appear fertile. Mom's doing fine.

Attachments

• eggs 001.jpg
    eggs 001.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 238
wait wait wait...
what does the breeder pair look like?
i would love to see pics:D

The male is still in the wild. Female was imported gravid. I've only had her about three weeks.

Thanks everybody for the congrats, but I really didn't do anything but dig them up and anybody can do that.:cool:

Update on eggs, they are doing fine and the female appears to be "egging up" again. She looks heathier this go around. I'll update if she lays.

Mike, I'm just curious if you've taken a peak at these eggs recently...:confused:

Yeah, they are all nice and pink. According to the recording thermometer, temps have ranged from 63F to 71F. Just going free-form for now with them on the basement floor. When the temps drop in the late fall early winter, they'll go into the incubator set for 70F day, 63F night. That's the plan anyway, unless you have some input to guide me. :) As far as my research suggests, they do not need a diapause, which seems strange given their rather long incubation.

After an initial 2 month period at 68-73, I reduced temp to 63 for 7 months. The remaining 5 months I gradually turned up temp ending the last month (month 14) at 73F. These are temps set on my incubator which cools and heats with little regard to accuracy (+/- 5 degrees)

Quite honestly an even temp for all 14 months may work fine. In fact, that's what I'm trying now. :)

After an initial 2 month period at 68-73, I reduced temp to 63 for 7 months. The remaining 5 months I gradually turned up temp ending the last month (month 14) at 73F. These are temps set on my incubator which cools and heats with little regard to accuracy (+/- 5 degrees)

Quite honestly an even temp for all 14 months may work fine. In fact, that's what I'm trying now. :)

Ok, thanks. My incubator is accurate to 0.5 degree, but that sounds like overkill for these guys. Given your input, I'll start ramping up in the last few months.

How are these eggs doing? Should be about half way there right? I recently bought a pair from Chad and want to expand in the future. Could I be put on a waiting list?

How are these eggs doing? Should be about half way there right? I recently bought a pair from Chad and want to expand in the future. Could I be put on a waiting list?

Eggs are fine. Still 21 good ones. I'm expecting they'll hatch in September, but we'll see. First priority is to raise them up a bit and see about acquiring/trading bloodlines. No where near close to even thinking about waiting lists yet. I don't want to put the cart before the horse. :)

Attachments

• eggsclose.jpg
    eggsclose.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 175
Eggs are fine. Still 21 good ones. I'm expecting they'll hatch in September, but we'll see. First priority is to raise them up a bit and see about acquiring/trading bloodlines. No where near close to even thinking about waiting lists yet. I don't want to put the cart before the horse. :)

That's great news! I hope all goes well with them. They are a very cool chameleon.

Egg update: 21 eggs still going strong. Today I noticed that they are changing from pink inside to agate colored. I've originally estimated the hatch to occur in September, but I'm now thinking October.

Back
Top Bottom