K. boehmei mating

spadefish

:D Even before I could post pictures of these guys, they are at it! Apparently, for quite a long time. Long enough that the female was obviously bored and started eating her breakfast while it was still going on! She ate at least 3 flies while the male was still perched on her. I will post pictures of the bunch of them a bit later. Hopefully, this will result in some very nice babies. It was the largest male and the largest female who mated.

Anyone knnow what the gestation is before eggs are laid? Jared?

:D Even before I could post pictures of these guys, they are at it! Apparently, for quite a long time. Long enough that the female was obviously bored and started eating her breakfast while it was still going on! She ate at least 3 flies while the male was still perched on her. I will post pictures of the bunch of them a bit later. Hopefully, this will result in some very nice babies. It was the largest male and the largest female who mated.

Anyone knnow what the gestation is before eggs are laid? Jared?

YES!!!! Fist pump!!!!:D I am not sure about gestation with this species but I would suspect it to be similar to the tavetana which is around 40 days. I would incubate the eggs between 65 and 70 degrees. Again, if like tavetana you should see babies at around 10.5 months.

Congrats, good luck and my fingers are crossed!!!

Pics

I will post more later. I took these a few days ago. Not the greatest.

Attachments

• baby 1.jpg
    baby 1.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 129
  • big female 1.jpg
    big female 1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Big male 1.jpg
    Big male 1.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 101
  • female 1.jpg
    female 1.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 98
  • little male 1.jpg
    little male 1.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 97
They look awesome! I wanted a pair so bad, but everyone sold out so fast. Good luck with them!

LPR08

Damn you, Theresa, for making me jealous:D The one male is spectacular!! It seems these guys have a little more color than the tavetana. Would love to see one of those red headed females in person:rolleyes: Any new pics of the tavetana?

Any, behavior differences you see between the two?

Hey Jared -- the tavs are definitely pissier than the boehmei. When the tacs give you the stink eye, bes tnot to reach out and try to touch them. They are attack chameleons! The boehmei not so much. Very laid back, and don't seem to mind my hands in the cage. As soon as the weather gets nice around here, the plan is to put all three tavs out in one cage and seee what happens :) I have all six (3.3) boehmei in one 24x18x24 exoterra and they are happy as clams. Of course, they are tiny buggers (smaller than the tavetanas) and don't take up much room. However, they are eating me out of flies very quickly!

Hey Jared -- the tavs are definitely pissier than the boehmei. When the tacs give you the stink eye, bes tnot to reach out and try to touch them. They are attack chameleons! The boehmei not so much. Very laid back, and don't seem to mind my hands in the cage. As soon as the weather gets nice around here, the plan is to put all three tavs out in one cage and seee what happens :) I have all six (3.3) boehmei in one 24x18x24 exoterra and they are happy as clams. Of course, they are tiny buggers (smaller than the tavetanas) and don't take up much room. However, they are eating me out of flies very quickly!

Glad to hear the animals I produced are more pissy:D One of the many reasons I like the tavs so much. They think they are so big and bad!!

Hopefully both of your projects go smoothly!! Definitely need some more CB tavetana in the world and 3.3 boehmei is a nice group to get some CB started over here!! Lets keep our fingers crossed that we only have a couple more weeks of this crappy weather.

Back
Top Bottom