Juvenile veiled chameleon light/heat at night?

Hey everyone! My first of many questions is here!
So when my boyfriend and I were looking into veiled chameleons before buying, I read all about the heat lamps and uvb bulbs and all that. When I went to a local reptile store I told the girl helping me that he was a juvenile veiled chameleon and she asked if I had a heating lamp for at night. She helped me pick one out. Its a very dim black light at 75 watts (I think).
But then my boyfriend was reading something else about how you shouldn't have a lamp on at night.. it's just so hard to know what's true and what's not online so what is your opinion on this?
Thank you!

Thank you so much for help and info!
Start reading that husbandry program it will teach you all the right info. Do a help form here when y’all are ready so we can go over all your husbandry.

And don’t ask pet store employees. Most are uneducated idiots and treat Chams as if they are just another reptile rather than understanding each reptile has specific needs that must be met or they die.

Start reading that husbandry program it will teach you all the right info. Do a help form here when y’all are ready so we can go over all your husbandry.

And don’t ask pet store employees. Most are uneducated idiots and treat Chams as if they are just another reptile rather than understanding each reptile has specific needs that must be met or they die.
I've been slowly finding that out haha that's why I wanted to become part of this community because this forum was a huge help when we were deciding on getting him so that's why I'm coming here with my questions.

And I have already started reading it 😁 I will fill out the form once everything new is in place! Thank you!

I've been slowly finding that out haha that's why I wanted to become part of this community because this forum was a huge help when we were deciding on getting him so that's why I'm coming here with my questions.

And I have already started reading it 😁 I will fill out the form once everything new is in place! Thank you!
Perfect sounds good. Welcome to the fascinating, stressful, and awe inspiring world of chameleons lol

Back
Top Bottom