Juvenile stopped eating in new habitat

justicejustin

I've had my Vieled Franklin since he was about a month old, ever since I've had him he eats like crazy. Just recently last week I moved him from the 30" reptbreeze into the 48" dragonstrand and I set it up so his food is in the middle under the light so he can see them and now he's only been eating maybe 1-2 large crickets a day. I've givin him about 3-4 days to get used to the new environment and he's still not eating enough. Poop looks fine, a little on the smaller side since he slowed down. I've tried giving him a long shower and it didn't seem to change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 108
I've had my Vieled Franklin since he was about a month old, ever since I've had him he eats like crazy. Just recently last week I moved him from the 30" reptbreeze into the 48" dragonstrand and I set it up so his food is in the middle under the light so he can see them and now he's only been eating maybe 1-2 large crickets a day. I've givin him about 3-4 days to get used to the new environment and he's still not eating enough. Poop looks fine, a little on the smaller side since he slowed down. I've tried giving him a long shower and it didn't seem to change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

How old is he now? If he was eating well and healthy before the move he's probably fine, just a little disoriented by the complete change in his territory. If he's getting close to a year old his growth rate is slowing down and he doesn't need to eat huge amounts every day. As long as he's alert, basking, moving around, drinking etc. just leave him to it. You could also offer him a larger meal one day and just a snack the next. He could also be bored with the same food every day.

Back
Top Bottom