US Juvenile CBB Carpet chameleons

I received my new baby from Javadi today. He is the cutest little baby. He looks to be in excellent health and was packaged very carefully. I would highly recommend purchasing a carpet Chameleon from Javadi he took the extra time to answer all my questions to ensure I have the correct habitat for this very cute fella. I couldn’t get the best pictures yet because he was scared. Chameleons are like tattoos I’m already planning my next one LOL I should probably figure out a name for this little one first. Thank you Javadi!
Congratulations! What an adorable Cham

I received my new baby from Javadi today. He is the cutest little baby. He looks to be in excellent health and was packaged very carefully. I would highly recommend purchasing a carpet Chameleon from Javadi he took the extra time to answer all my questions to ensure I have the correct habitat for this very cute fella. I couldn’t get the best pictures yet because he was scared. Chameleons are like tattoos I’m already planning my next one LOL I should probably figure out a name for this little one first. Thank you Javadi!
Thanks so much for saying so, so happy you are enjoying him. I really appreciate the kind words. Thanks for your interest in lateralis and I hope he does great for you!

male baby lat 1.jpg

One of the males available.

And below is the granddad of these fellows. Colors of the parents/grandparents don't say much about how the offspring turn out though, not like panthers. This is just to show that the males are also gorgeous!

old male lat.jpg

What are the average life spans you’re seeing with your males and females?
My females tend to live 2-3 years or so, not less than 2. This is true even for some wild caughts. Males tend to be 4 years. I've continued to modify my husbandry though and I suspect the lifespan will continue to go up as I further refine my practices. I suspect that if females don't breed, they would live substantially longer. I had a wc female live about 2 years after getting brought in as an adult, and she laid 13 clutches of healthy eggs during that time. Without the stress of laying and producing so many eggs, I can't help but wonder how long she could have made it. They store sperm though, so that was that.

My females tend to live 2-3 years or so, not less than 2. This is true even for some wild caughts. Males tend to be 4 years. I've continued to modify my husbandry though and I suspect the lifespan will continue to go up as I further refine my practices. I suspect that if females don't breed, they would live substantially longer. I had a wc female live about 2 years after getting brought in as an adult, and she laid 13 clutches of healthy eggs during that time. Without the stress of laying and producing so many eggs, I can't help but wonder how long she could have made it. They store sperm though, so that was that.
That’s great to hear! 2-3 years for a female sounds like great care and success from what I’ve heard, but I hope you can learn more to help keepers extend this
Thanks for your response

That’s great to hear! 2-3 years for a female sounds like great care and success from what I’ve heard, but I hope you can learn more to help keepers extend this
Thanks for your response
Of course, happy to share :)

I'm hoping I can learn a lot more too and keep their lifespans going longer and longer!

Yes, it's been cold here and I've been messing around with climate control, so they are growing but a bit slower than usual. As such, two weeks from now I will have two females big enough to send out. I have a couple of males big enough to go out next week as well.
Awesome I am definitely interested in a female let me know if you want a deposit to hold one of them for me.

Back
Top Bottom