Just want to introduce you my latest additions

SerpeRoma

Avid Member
IMG_20220127_172958.jpg
IMG_20220127_173044.jpg
IMG_20220116_134858.jpg
IMG_20220116_164910.jpg
IMG_20220116_171246.jpg

Meet Marble, female high piebald veiled (first 2 pictures) and Daenerys, female panther daughter of a RBBB.

I'm going to get another female panther from FramsChams on February 3rd -weather permitting- and her name will be Alev.

Marble is from Lllreptile San Diego, Daenerys is from KingChams.

I started both a YouTube channel and an Instagram account and I'm planning on post husbandry tips ( kinda like @Gingero ) to spread correct information as much as possible!

You can find my YouTube channel @ TheChameleonGuy (still trying to figure out how to edit and make quality videos)

And my Instagram account @ thechamguy (where I post daily and share tips once a month)

I appreciate your support!

Followed you on Instagram!! @Gingero is amazing for providing as much info as she has. That said, the chameleon side of social media can always use an additional presence to corroborate information made available by her/the Chameleon Academy. There will also be you contributing your own unique flair to Instagram and YouTube, which I look forward to. ✌🏻

There exists a ridiculous amount of misinformation online, and it always comes at the expense of an animal’s health (usually a poor veiled chameleon). I recently came across a veiled cham care video on YouTube that had me stress sighing out loud. I won’t get into the specifics of what was said in it as I don’t want to make it sound like I’m bashing anybody - we’re all still learning. I DO however think it is crucially important to have a strong grasp on major cornerstones of husbandry (like proper lighting and supplementation for example) before spouting off incorrect information on a public platform. I will also say that the video in question appeared to take photos and basic information directly from the Chameleon Academy, but it was altered to fit the OP’s narrative. Aside from finding that deeply frustrating, I can’t help but feel like that’s willfully pedaling misinformation. Anyway I’ll get off my soapbox now haha

Your chams are gorgeous! Marble is so very tiny and cute 🥺 I’m anxious to see how he develops as he gets older! I actually ran into a little guy with markings very similar to your boy’s over the weekend, and.. Uuugh his pics make me want another veiled! I don’t need another chameleon, I DON’T need another chameleon. Just promise you’ll post pics as all your chams develop lol

Last edited:
Followed you on Instagram!! @Gingero is amazing for providing as much info as she has. That said, the chameleon side of social media can always use an additional presence to corroborate information made available by her/the Chameleon Academy. There will also be you contributing your own unique flair to Instagram and YouTube, which I look forward to. ✌🏻

There exists a ridiculous amount of misinformation online, and it always comes at the expense of an animal’s health (usually a poor veiled chameleon). I recently came across a veiled cham care video on YouTube that had me stress sighing out loud. I won’t get into the specifics of what was said in it as I don’t want to make it sound like I’m bashing anybody - we’re all still learning. I DO however think it is crucially important to have a strong grasp on major cornerstones of husbandry (like proper lighting and supplementation for example) before spouting off incorrect information on a public platform. I will also say that the video in question appeared to take photos and basic information directly from the Chameleon Academy, but it was altered to fit the OP’s narrative. Aside from finding that deeply frustrating, I can’t help but feel like that’s willfully pedaling misinformation. Anyway I’ll get off my soapbox now haha

Your chams are gorgeous! Marble is so very tiny and cute 🥺 I’m anxious to see how he develops as he gets older! I actually ran into a little guy with markings very similar to your boy’s over the weekend, and.. Uuugh his pics make me want another veiled! I don’t need another chameleon, I DON’T need another chameleon. Just promise you’ll post pics as all your chams develop lol
I will post more pictures and I'll also introduce you guys my latest panther as soon as she'll get home.

Btw I know EXACTLY what video you're talking about, because I was surprised to see so many wrong informations that were then put next to the chameleon academy's care sheets.. that's why I want to share correct infos too, I'm not trying to compete with any other reptile keeper, I'd just love to see more correct infos rather than wrong ones.

I would also like to get deep into chameleon breeding, since Gingero hasn't bred any yet, I feel like that's another crucial topic to talk about.. I still see people with heatlamps directly on babies or chameleons kept in a completely dark room. I've noticed a significant difference when a chameleon gets a bright environment rather than the dark side of a room.. some little things that I feel someone should talk about

Btw I know EXACTLY what video you're talking about, because I was surprised to see so many wrong informations that were then put next to the chameleon academy's care sheets.. that's why I want to share correct infos too, I'm not trying to compete with any other reptile keeper, I'd just love to see more correct infos rather than wrong ones.
This is what got me the most about the video in question. None of us here profess to be the keepers of the ONE and ONLY care guide, but “my way or no way” isn’t the issue here. What I mean to say is, why deliberately go against established information? It comes across as the OP being arbitrary for the sake of it, and any newbie that should follow their advice will inevitably end up with a sick chameleon. If the OP is actually taking their own advice, they’ll end up with a sick chameleon too.

I did leave a comment.. haven’t bothered checking for responses. Not about to dodge flying trash or get into it with someone on YouTube, lol. All I can hope for is that new owners see the comments section and consider digging further, rather than taking the information in the video at face value.

I would also like to get deep into chameleon breeding, since Gingero hasn't bred any yet, I feel like that's another crucial topic to talk about.. I still see people with heatlamps directly on babies or chameleons kept in a completely dark room. I've noticed a significant difference when a chameleon gets a bright environment rather than the dark side of a room.. some little things that I feel someone should talk about
Aw, cool! A lot of the information we’re used to seeing pertains to general chameleon care. There isn’t any comprehensive guide to breeding that I’m aware of. I don’t have any breeding experience myself, nor do I intend to breed, but this would be great to see!

Aw, cool! A lot of the information we’re used to seeing pertains to general chameleon care. There isn’t any comprehensive guide to breeding that I’m aware of. I don’t have any breeding experience myself, nor do I intend to breed, but this would be great to see!
I'm not an expert at all, but I love researching to get the best informations I can find and I couldn't find many on YouTube, or at least not the ones that concerned me the most. I found answers in different places -like here or on Bill Strand's podcasts- and I would like to make it easier for whoever else might have my same questions..

Back
Top Bottom