Just received a rescue female need advice pease

She doesn't look gravid and doesn't look bad at all. Feed her well but don't overfeed her or she will produce large clutches of eggs.

is 5 feeders a day too much or should i do it every other day?

right now she is refusing to bask but im putting that down to being in a new place

as i said i got a female veiled as a rescue and besides being alittle skinny and weak she seems ok. since teh move last night ive only seen her come out once then i rrearranged and added things to her cage so she could get much closer to her liights. she's too scared and is hiding in a fake plant lol

now i am wondering about future at what age do they start to lay eggs?

im pretty positive this female is about 4 moths old
anything i need for a female please chime in. i have a 3 year old male and he's easy.
seems fine. she immediately drank the water after i misted the plants. her legs just look terribly skinny to me and when i picked her up she just laid on me and closed her eyes. i put branches up higher to the warm light for her. shes in a medium zoomed cage. what is a good way to get a food cup attached?
The laying down and closing her eyes is scarey. But then you said she is up and around. Idk, keep an eye on her. Really give her lots of water and mist her cage good. When i attach food cups I use tiny zip ties and use a hole puncher to make holes in plastic cups.
It may eventually tear the mesh. Maybe reinforce the area with masking tape?
Be real careful w tape in a cage. If they accidently touch their tongue to the tape it could be an epic catastrophe.

is 5 feeders a day too much or should i do it every other day?

right now she is refusing to bask but im putting that down to being in a new place
I read something on here about keeping their temperatures on the cooler end of the temperature high and low parameter for a specific type of chameleon and I did that for my panther girls and Hera is 2 1/2 and is right now laying her first clutch. Z is 2 and has never laid an egg. But, I have them in cages w a laying bin as a part of their cage. They have access all of the time to dirt.

I think I'd try 5 crickets (or equivalent amount inother insects)a day for a bit to see how she grows. If she's getting too fat then cut it back a bit.

I read something on here about keeping their temperatures on the cooler end of the temperature high and low parameter for a specific type of chameleon and I did that for my panther girls and Hera is 2 1/2 and is right now laying her first clutch. Z is 2 and has never laid an egg. But, I have them in cages w a laying bin as a part of their cage. They have access all of the time to dirt.

well she has a good gradient of temps in her cage and today she did stray onto the lower basking branch (80F). she mostly sits under her uvb strip though.

to put up a feeding cup i sliced little holes around one side and weaved in metal twine then used the last 2 inches of it to make hookss so its hooked onto the cage nicely

all i can do is wait and see. yesterday i let loose 4 crickets in her cage and the are all gone so shes eating well. my male veiled eats a spring mix of greens but she doesn't seem to care for them at all

Back
Top Bottom