Just for Fun- Favorite Species and why?

Jabba93

Established Member
Hey everyone!

Ok so here's what you need to do. Post a pic of your Favorite Chameleon Species. Not just your favorite pet or favorite one to care for.. I mean the DREAM-ELEON. You know what I'm talking about.... That elusive species that has JUST the right colors, temperament, look, etc.

If money, space and care were no object, what species would you get and why?

I'll go first....

PARSON'S CHAMELEON!!!

These giants have always been a favorite of mine, ever since I saw one on Chameleon Breeder Youtube video with Bill Strand. I know their setup and care and cost is significantly higher than veiled's, but I love the dead-pan, sleepy eyes they give you as they slowly lumber around the cage. The sheer size of them is impressive and I love the overall temperament most of them seem to have. If money, space, and time were no object, I would be getting a Parson's today!

P.S. Photo credit goes to @OldChamKeeper for his gorgeous buddy Atlas!

Attachments

• IMG_0235.JPG
    IMG_0235.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 92
I'm living my dream. I always wanted a Jackson's but was renting and moving a lot so didn't want to get one. My friends breed panthers and I really liked all the bright colors but they didn't have horns. Then I found T. jacksonii jacksonii. They have horns, even the females, and they have bands of yellow and blue. So I got everything I wanted in a small mellow package.

Attachments

• IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 103
It's a close call between Parson's and Meller's for me! My ultimate dream is to be one of those people with a whole free-range room with several Meller's living in it. Their enormous size, unique shape, and ability to co-habitate is definitely dream chameleon territory for me

Edit: Also shoutout to the carpet chameleons out there, but I do have 1.1 cb carpets, so I'm already experiencing that waking dream

I'm living my dream. I always wanted a Jackson's but was renting and moving a lot so didn't want to get one. My friends breed panthers and I really liked all the bright colors but they didn't have horns. Then I found T. jacksonii jacksonii. They have horns, even the females, and they have bands of yellow and blue. So I got everything I wanted in a small mellow package.

Jackson's are the coolest! I've always wanted one, but I heard they're a little more sensitive and fragile than veiled's so I didn't trust myself with one for my first cham!

It's a close call between Parson's and Meller's for me! My ultimate dream is to be one of those people with a whole free-range room with several Meller's living in it. Their enormous size, unique shape, and ability to co-habitate is definitely dream chameleon territory for me

Edit: Also shoutout to the carpet chameleons out there, but I do have 1.1 cb carpets, so I'm already experiencing that waking dream

A free range setup would be awesome!! I don't think my cham would like coming out of his cage, but the setups I've seen on here are awesome!

Back
Top Bottom