Just finished my new 24x24x48 cage with drainage system! (pics)

Dmcugy

So ive been working on setting up my new cage with an efficient mist system and drainage system and i think i did a pretty good job! What do you think?? Fell free to critique or ask any questions you like.

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 490
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_1719.jpg
    IMG_1719.jpg
    248 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_1715.jpg
    IMG_1715.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 418
just curious as to the size/diameter of those drainage holes on the bottom of the cage. Just how large are they in comparison to the feeders that you will be using also to the size of your cham? is there a screen or filter between the cage and tupperware in order to save your cham or the feeders so that they dont escape or drown? more noticable in pics 3 & 4.

just curious as to the size/diameter of those drainage holes on the bottom of the cage. Just how large are they in comparison to the feeders that you will be using also to the size of your cham? is there a screen or filter between the cage and tupperware in order to save your cham or the feeders so that they dont escape or drown? more noticable in pics 3 & 4.

The holes were drilled with a 9/16" spade drill bit and i only hand feed but when the occasional cricket might jump out of my hand or drop out of the tweezers i use they actually stay away from the holes usually but if they do fall through thy just land in the drainage buckets so it doest bother me. As for my cham he is a 9-10 month old so he would have to squeeze pretty tight to fit through the half inch holes :p

Nice nice. Isn't that the ventilated shelf from home depot? :D I was thinking about doing the same exact thing. but went another route today when i saw some sinks for 89 bucks at lowes on mega discount lol they were no longer stocking..

Looks good.

Nice nice. Isn't that the ventilated shelf from home depot? :D I was thinking about doing the same exact thing. but went another route today when i saw some sinks for 89 bucks at lowes on mega discount lol they were no longer stocking..

Looks good.

Yup strait from home depot. 39.99. Works great!!

What about having some sort of a plastic sheet in the form of a cone to collect the water better?

What about having some sort of a plastic sheet in the form of a cone to collect the water better?

Well that might work but its working just fine for me the way it is so i dont wanna screw it up lol :p

Ok I am going to be the harsh realist here! You have done an excellent job. Kudos, you will have a happy cham. Everything looks great & works well together, I like it.:)

Reactions: Hoj
Very nice! I love how full the cage is! I bet he hides well in that! But what is up with the light on the side of the cage?

Very nice! I love how full the cage is! I bet he hides well in that! But what is up with the light on the side of the cage?

This cage looks great!! I am actually considering doing a basking lamp to the side of the cage also. With my cage already being 48" tall andd on a platform. It's just wayyy too tall to get to and for power chords to reach. I think as long as you have a branch/vine where the lamp is located on the side it should be fine.

Seems like the OP has it on a clamp and far enought away from the cage. Good job. I'll be following to see how your experience turns out b4 i make the switch.

PS: veryyy good idea with the towels. I hate getting my walls wet.

This cage looks great!! I am actually considering doing a basking lamp to the side of the cage also. With my cage already being 48" tall andd on a platform. It's just wayyy too tall to get to and for power chords to reach. I think as long as you have a branch/vine where the lamp is located on the side it should be fine.

Seems like the OP has it on a clamp and far enought away from the cage. Good job. I'll be following to see how your experience turns out b4 i make the switch.

PS: veryyy good idea with the towels. I hate getting my walls wet.

Yes, it might help with the cords etc... but they can't feel heat on their stomach, if they have to climb onto the cage to get heat and the heat only hits their stomach, it could possibly burn them depending on the wattage of the bulb..

Back
Top Bottom