Just Bought My First Cham!!!

Wow congrats! Im jealous :p. I still cannot decide which site I am going to use to get my panther chameleon. There all so good and different. Please post TONS of pictures of your chameleon when you first get it and as he progresses. I'm really thinking about getting a cham from Paladin.

Congrats; I've always admired Paladin. My Thaxter is a Kammerflage Kreation; I've had him going on four years now and have been very happy with him.

WOW that is a pretty Cham!

But holy crap what a mix.

The babies are 50% Ambilobe x 18.75% Ambanja x 12.5% Nosy Be x 12.5% Sambava x 6.25% Maroantsetra

Is it common for them to be mixed up like that? I would think keeping the lines pure would be the greater goal.

its all a matter of opion. mixed morphs can be bred just as successfully you just have to keep records of what crosses and mixes they are. But because I will not be breeding my male I chose one of Paladin's offspring due to the fact that when it groes up, It will pretty much be every color of the rainbow just llike his dad!

as for a name, I was thinking of Kanji(can-jee) which means rainbow in Japanese

Alot of people like to keep pure chameleons even though they arent "hybrids" exactly. They are all the same species just from different areas on the island. But if you dont intend to breed your chameleon and just want a friend, crosses are fine. If you do breed them though, people feel it is neccasary to keep record of what kind of cross it it.

I really need to do some research on what exactly was done to verify the species of the panther. To me different colors that are tied to different local means a different genetic make up, even if a minor one. Wouldn’t this basically be grounds for a reclassification of the species? Obviously they would all be the same genus but different species all the same.

Sorry LL15, I don't mean to take away from your animal and I would be proud to own one as he is very pretty. This just peeks my interests.

Absolutely love Paladin - I think when it comes time for us to replace our recent loss, we're going to look a paladin clutch or one from heroic chams

Back
Top Bottom