Just bought 2 True Blue Nosy Be Panther Chams

I showed the female to the male today and he started bobbing his head and turned some really nice bright colors. Hes ready to mate obviously, but she is not. Im gonna wait until she is at least a year old, which is still like 6 months away

I can't stress enough how much I hate the US mail lol. monsoon was supposed to be delivered today they said they knocked on the door but they never did and now I can't get it till tomorrow, well hopefully tomorrow

pic of the male after i showed him the female :::::::

1s1mbm.jpg

Also got my Monsoon mister today. I actually like it despite all the bad stuff i have read about them on this site. The only problem i have with it is the timer, but i hooked my own timer up to it and it works great. All 6 mister heads hooked up now and still works fantastically. I don't know why everyone has a problem with them lol. I use distilled water in everything (ie, Monsoon, Hand Mister, Dripper, ect) so hopefully i never have a problem with it

Good luck with that monsoon mister. There is a reason why people call them junk. Maybe yours will last longer than a few months. Why not the mistking or aquazamp? Just curious

How are the bamboo sticks across the cages working when they get wet. I've purchased these sticks from the craft store roughed them up a bit and hopefully they work well. Their everywhere. Still filing it all in. Down mind it.

3b0889a6f18fab8303e44c2d5ff46ceb.jpg

Good luck with that monsoon mister. There is a reason why people call them junk. Maybe yours will last longer than a few months. Why not the mistking or aquazamp? Just curious

Why is it that people call them junk? And why would it only last a few months, whats the difference between the mistking and the Monsoon??

The mist king is over 2 times the cost of the monsoon and i have over $1000 into the whole thing right now between my Male and female nosy be's, the cages, all the equipment, plants, drippers, supplements and the list goes on, thats why i went with the monsoon instead of the mistking. Just because the mistking costs more does not mean its necessarily better (I've never owned one so i dont know). I mean its just a mister, they are all going to do the same job in my opinion.

How are the bamboo sticks across the cages working when they get wet. I've purchased these sticks from the craft store roughed them up a bit and hopefully they work well. Their everywhere. Still filing it all in. Down mind it.

To be honest there not the greatest, pretty slippery. But i have the exo-terra jungle vines and the pothos vines wraped around all the bamboo so its not too bad. I mostly use them to just hold everything up.

I would definitely get some more plants in your set-up tho. They like to drink off the plants leaves, gives them places to hide, and helps with the humidity in the cage. I have umbrella plants in the bottom of my cages with the pothos on the top ish

It's all being finished today. Moving the pothos down and adding fake vines all up above and more climbing surfaces.

Ya, i had fake plants in my set-up at first because i read the Panthers dont really eat plants. I guess thats on a case by case basis because my male panther was trying to eat the fake plants every other day. I obviously had to remove all the fake plants. He munches on the pothos from time to time now

Why is it that people call them junk? And why would it only last a few months, whats the difference between the mistking and the Monsoon??

The mist king is over 2 times the cost of the monsoon and i have over $1000 into the whole thing right now between my Male and female nosy be's, the cages, all the equipment, plants, drippers, supplements and the list goes on, thats why i went with the monsoon instead of the mistking. Just because the mistking costs more does not mean its necessarily better (I've never owned one so i dont know). I mean its just a mister, they are all going to do the same job in my opinion.

I understand that you have ~$1000 into your set up (I'm sure I have that into my set up) so why go the cheap way on one the most important components of a habitat? Many people have had bad luck with them on this forum and it's gotten bad reviews. Pay the $50 more and get the mistking and do it right the first time.

Everyone I've ever known that had a monsoon had it quit working within 3-6 months.. That's my only knock on it.. you can complain to them and they usually replace it. But that requires sending it out and waiting for a new one. I would rather spend the $100 the first time around and not deal with the troubles. Just my opinion.. hope it works good for you though.. But if it does break your better off just getting a mist king than going back and forth sending out monsoons lol

Finally got everything in both cages and finally done with the set up ,,, the monsoon mister that i bought has been working great. Gonna get a new umbrella plant in the males cage, i feel like the one in there now is dying.

This is the female cage :::::

soxo29.jpg

1685xjs.jpg

And the male cage :::::

2088bgk.jpg

2afzn2f.jpg

I think it may be time to start feeding the male every other day, well the male and the female. There both around 5 months old right now

At what age are you supposed to start feeding every other day??

female shedding today for the second time since i had her. There growing up so fast. I cant wait till i can mate them

Back
Top Bottom