Just A Friendly Little Battle

Take Her Out Forcefully And Make Her Get Used To It.

• Total voters

The Wild One

Chameleon Enthusiast
So my dad is convinced that the longer and more often you take your Cham out it will get used to it and actually want to come out, my defense, is that they are more looking pets than anything and dress could cause illness and cause death. Y’all are my witnesses so, LET THE POLES BEGIN!

No, you never forcefully do anything with a cham. You already know this because you have been here and learned quite a bit so explain why to your father. Not a dog, this is a tree dwelling reptile that is not domesticated. If you start forcefully doing anything then all it is going to do is make her aggressive with you. You know it is about building trust slowly and becoming the preferred "tree". Do trust building exercises with her. If this is not working and you need to take her out then you use a stick for her to climb on. But she may never prefer to come out.

I do better with daily short interactions vs longer weekly or bi weekly interactions.

As an example, handling a herp in the morning for feeding (moving turtles/dragons to food area/rocks as an example) and putting them away at night(finding all the free rangers that didnt find their way home, or others that look "stuck") gets more traction vs "having helper hold herp while owner tidies the cage /feeding area" a few times a week.

So my dad is convinced that the longer and more often you take your Cham out it will get used to it and actually want to come out, my defense, is that they are more looking pets than anything and dress could cause illness and cause death. Y’all are my witnesses so, LET THE POLES BEGIN!

This is a good way to really hurt your chameleon. Nope never.

Back
Top Bottom