JurassiDiet Gut Load

I personally wouldn't. Too much protein. Some of the first ingredients are fish meal, so at least for me, that's a no go. You do not want a gutload with too much protein. That would work with other herps, but a chameleon could develop gout with a diet too rich in protein.

Yeah superload, bug burger, bug buffet, cricket is what I stick with nick in the chameleon food classified section has reallygood gutloads for sale

I personally wouldn't. Too much protein. Some of the first ingredients are fish meal, so at least for me, that's a no go. You do not want a gutload with too much protein. That would work with other herps, but a chameleon could develop gout with a diet too rich in protein.
Thanks.. Any thoughts on that water conditioner?

Just to reinforce what others have said: The gut load doesn't look too hot for chameleons. For Chameleons Steve Simms developed Cricket Crack primarily to facilitate chameleon needs (but it works great for any herp) as such that is the primary gut load I use other than the occasional bug burger and smattering of other stuff I occasionally toss in with fresh fruits and veggies for hydration.

With that said this Jurassidiet looks good for Pixie and Pacman frogs and I bet it would be good for several others as well...

As for water conditioner I use Repti-Safe personally but this stuff isn't rocket science and most commercially available water conditioners are good enough... The main benefit I see from Jurassisafe is that it removes ammonia. This isn't important for Chameleons as they are getting fresh water via misting and there is no chance for ammonia to build up...

Back
Top Bottom