Jungle Dawn Question

Zilla23

Established Member
I just purchased the Jungle Dawn spot light because with Ripley's new enclosure the lower plants aren't getting much light, I am waiting on the quad fixture with the arcadia 12% to come back into stock on LightYourReptiles so I can upgrade my linear fixture. I have been talking back and forth with Todd, GREAT guy, and these were the two fixtures he recommended, he had the Jungle Dawn in stock so I went ahead and got it!!! I put the Jungle Dawn in a clamp dome fixture and I have it on the side of the cage pointing down towards the bottom, I have discovered that Ripley likes to go down and sit directly in front of the light. I used my infrared temp gauge and made sure that the area was not too hot but is this ok? is the light not going to hurt his eyes? He still goes to the top under his basking light but I have caught him more and more in front of the spot light. Not really sure of any other placement that would help the plants. Any advice is appreciated.

I have a 2 of these bulbs and my chams loved sitting under them as well. My Parsons in particular prefers them. No harm in it.
I was just worried because it is shining in from the side and like right in his face :LOL: he seems to like it though! do you happen to have photos of your enclosure with how you set your two lights up? just wanting ideas.

I just added on of these also in my DS atrium. Was having the same issue with plants at the bottom not getting enough light. WOW what a difference. My quad immediately went to check it out, and has been spending a couple hours a day hanging out in the beam of light. Thinking about adding another one in the opposite corner:unsure:

Dug up an old picture, you can see where the lights are at the top(the 2 JD in the open domes). Then some more recent pictures of how well the plants have grown in. Nepenthes, broms, cryptanthus, and the ground cover all thriving with these lights.

Attachments

• 20180523_152011.jpg
    20180523_152011.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20181208_133001.jpg
    20181208_133001.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20181208_133059.jpg
    20181208_133059.jpg
    332.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 20181208_133043.jpg
    20181208_133043.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 20181208_133320.jpg
    20181208_133320.jpg
    390.8 KB · Views: 139
I love that enclosure (and chameleon) @jamest0o0 !!!

I bought four Sansi lights on Amazon, they were cheaper than the jungle dawn but are already doing wonders for some of my plants. I plan to put one on each cham's enclosure... but MAN they are bright. As in, if I look at it I can't see for several minutes, bright. I didn't even get the brightest one.

I was hesitant to put it on the Veiled's enclosures as they are in 2x2x4s that are not yet densely planted, but I'll add them once I redo their cages next month.

I bought four Sansi lights on Amazon, they were cheaper than the jungle dawn but are already doing wonders for some of my plants. I plan to put one on each cham's enclosure... but MAN they are bright. As in, if I look at it I can't see for several minutes, bright. I didn't even get the brightest one.

I was hesitant to put it on the Veiled's enclosures as they are in 2x2x4s that are not yet densely planted, but I'll add them once I redo their cages next month.

Let us know how they do for you! I might have to look into some. And thank you, glad you guys liked the set up here.

YES let us know how they do!! I'm all about cheaper!! man the Jungle Dawn was expensive!! I would love to have two but my wallet is currently on strike and hiding from me :LOL:

I was a bad plant mom and left plants in Charlie's old, abandoned cage. They had minimal light for 2 weeks or so and man did it show. I put a 30 watt Sansi light over the cage and the plants have sprung back remarkably well in 2 days. I'm a believer... I just hope the brightness doesn't bother the chams like it blinds me!

I will report back once I put them to use with the chameleons... but for strictly plant use its been great. I'll be picking up a 15 watt for my other non-chameleon house plants.

Back
Top Bottom