Jungle Dawn Mega Plant Grow Spotlight!

Big Gulp

Established Member
http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/jungle-dawn-40w-mega-plant-grow-spotlight/

I wanted a light for my Red Eyed Tree Frog enclosure to help with the live plants. I saw this on Lightyourreptiles.com and gave Todd a call to get more info on it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Todd is GREAT. Nice guy...great service...etc. Also, his packaging is second to none. You could drop the package from an airplane and it'd probably be ok. Not that I recommend it. ;)

Like the description says, it's like a beam of sunlight coming thru the canopy. That's exactly how it looks. This thing is bright, bright. It's a little pricey, but you can tell it's very well-made. And if it lasts as long as it should, it's definitely worth the price.

I already have an Arcadia plant bulb for my chameleon set-up, but very tempted to add this as well. I highly recommend this bulb!

-Galen

http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/jungle-dawn-40w-mega-plant-grow-spotlight/

I wanted a light for my Red Eyed Tree Frog enclosure to help with the live plants. I saw this on Lightyourreptiles.com and gave Todd a call to get more info on it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Todd is GREAT. Nice guy...great service...etc. Also, his packaging is second to none. You could drop the package from an airplane and it'd probably be ok. Not that I recommend it. ;)

Like the description says, it's like a beam of sunlight coming thru the canopy. That's exactly how it looks. This thing is bright, bright. It's a little pricey, but you can tell it's very well-made. And if it lasts as long as it should, it's definitely worth the price.

I already have an Arcadia plant bulb for my chameleon set-up, but very tempted to add this as well. I highly recommend this bulb!

-Galen

Hi Galen
Thanks for such a nice post. I am blushing a bit! LOL. :eek:
Seriously, we developed these Jungle Dawn ® / Arcadia Jungle Dawn ® LED lights to do a few things...
First-
LOOK Natural!
Too often, LED light has a poor spectrum and "washes" out natural colors of things. Especially Hibiscus, Pothos, Ficus- you name it.

Second,
To be POWERFUL. They are bright, but no so bright as to blind anything.
Bright enough to really grow plants with much less electricity than any other means.

And third,
To be a good value. They look small but they have an INTERNAL FAN built in to cool them to increase light out-put. There is nothing else like them with the CREE 92++ cri diodes. For an LED unit as big as a small spotlight bulb, they actually cost allot to make. But the quantity and quality of light they give off is equal to other LED lighting units I have seen costing at least twice as much.

So really what this means is that they are a very simple solution to getting all the plant growing light you need in a 3 or 4 foot tall cage.

AND --
light that really shows off you Chams as if they were sitting on a sunny branch in Madagascar.:D
You don't want to show the Mona Lisa off under a flashlight bulb do you?
Nor do you want to show off spectacular Chams & plants under lighting that washes out all the natural color and beauty.

They do not produce UVB, (NO LED light does) so they are something to be used in conjunction with a UV light source.

For European readers of Cham forums, Arcadia sells them to UK and Europe-

Here is the link to the specs on Arcadia site:
http://arcadia-reptile.com/jungle-dawn-40w-spot-led/

Here is a independent European review:

http://www.livefoodsbypost.co.uk/bl...reptile-jungle-dawn-high-power-led-spotlight/

Here is a side by side 4ft tall cage comparison, cage on Right has one turned on it and you can see how it penetrates down 4 feet like a shaft of warm sunlight light shining through tree branches casting shadows on the cage floor:

https://www.facebook.com/139473289508979/photos/p.721468791309423/721468791309423/?type=1&theater

Thank you!

one pictured below in a 5.5 deep dome--

Attachments

• IMG_0163_copy.jpg
    IMG_0163_copy.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Todd, one of my work buddies stopped by tonight. Now, he's not into herpetology or anything like that. Sure, when I show him my reptiles/frogs/enclosures, he'll say "those are pretty neat", or something along those lines.

Well tonight, I say to him, "watch this". I turned the Jungle Dawn light on, and he goes "holy sh-- that thing is bright! Looks like the sun shining down".

I just say, "yup". :D

BTW, I was gonna take a pic and post it here. I decided not to because honestly, a picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice (even in that link you provided).

Todd, one of my work buddies stopped by tonight. Now, he's not into herpetology or anything like that. Sure, when I show him my reptiles/frogs/enclosures, he'll say "those are pretty neat", or something along those lines.

Well tonight, I say to him, "watch this". I turned the Jungle Dawn light on, and he goes "holy sh-- that thing is bright! Looks like the sun shining down".

I just say, "yup". :D

:cool:
yup.

:D
love it!

Back
Top Bottom