Jungle dawn LED strip light, wattage suggestions please

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
Hi , new to the forum, posted a introduction earlier with a little about my plans.
anyway my question is, Im currently building a bioactive terrarium that I Plan to plant heavily, going to go with a Arcadia jungle dawn led strip kit to assist plant wellbeing but unsure of the wattage needed? Also approximately how long do they last?
currently have bought some plants with a view to get more if need be, they are as follows
cheese plant
hibiscus
Bromeliad
golden pothos
polka dot plant
wandering jew
lipstick plant

terrarium internal dimensions
32” wide
53” tall
17”depth
not Quite as big as I’d like but living in a rural cottage in brittany,France the rooms are small so it’s a comprise and works out at 16sqf which I read is ok.
hoping to make a external one for summer days where I can go large.

So if the enclosure is 32 inches wide I would go with the 34 inch which is 51 watts. This will cover one side to the other. This is what I use for a 30 inch wide enclosure. I have it running right down the middle of the cage. And I do have 2 hibiscus. They bloom really well with it and grow quite well.

Thanks for the info, it appears from what you say that the hibiscus is the light hungry plant here and will end up costing me more money than initially intended , which is ok with me as long as they last a good while , is there any form of warranty/guarantee period on them?

Back
Top Bottom