• Votes: 12 17.4%

• Votes: 14 20.3%

• Votes: 1 1.4%

• Votes: 7 10.1%

• Votes: 9 13.0%

• Votes: 13 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m not going to lie, I stopped reading after about half the posts... Stop complaining about the type of chameleon that is entered, or who entered the pic, but focus on the picture!!! It is a photography contest, not a species or popularity contest. I get the idea, but it is a fact that certain species are more common in the trade than others, or certain members are more popular should not have an effect on voting. When a more rare one is entered it does not mean the picture is worthy of my vote. Try to make this worth entering and voting for...

May the best all around photo win!!!

(Sorry, had a rough day and I’m not so PC right now. Just ignore me like normal...)
Cheer up buttercup! We listen and appreciate you for all that you do. Also we wuv you! :love::love::love:

I’m not going to lie, I stopped reading after about half the posts... Stop complaining about the type of chameleon that is entered, or who entered the pic, but focus on the picture!!! It is a photography contest, not a species or popularity contest. I get the idea, but it is a fact that certain species are more common in the trade than others, or certain members are more popular should not have an effect on voting. When a more rare one is entered it does not mean the picture is worthy of my vote. Try to make this worth entering and voting for...

May the best all around photo win!!!

(Sorry, had a rough day and I’m not so PC right now. Just ignore me like normal...)

Whatever man. No one was crying about anything. Honestly, you're here complaining when if you would have read the posts you'd see that we talked about it being a photo not a cham contest. No one said anything about it being a popularity contest.

I make a lighthearted suggestion and I get attacked for it. I'm geeked a panther won last round, snitz is a friend!!! I never said anything to berate anyone. Meanwhile there's 2 troll threads running wild and nothing is done.

Last edited:
The troll has been banned, so something was done... the discussion is still ongoing because we don’t want to shut down discussions without a true reason, and I did say I had a less than PC moment. Even I’m allowed that. I just have been through too many debates about the contest to keep a totally impartial and PC answer all the time. This is not a personal attack, but I just want everyone to appreciate the quality of pictures entered. Fact is that I have seen more and more pictures of non-veiled and panther Chams in the past couple years, but they are not always the best picture. I said I didn’t read all the posts before posting, so maybe I missed something, but my comment stands. I just want some great pics! (Even the females...)

Sure they can @Beman and @JoXie411 ! I pay attention to the photo's composition, not so much on how pretty the chameleon is (although I'm partial to my own lol). I think we all have stunning beautiful chameleons - all the species! A photograph of a leaf can be absolutely stunning with good composition.

I love taking photos of people and animals. I'm not sure I'd even classify it as a hobby, but it is something I like to do. I take probably 50 photos from all sorts of angles for every 1 that is a good picture.

This...

Anyway, it's a rough day for me too. I shouldn't respond like that. I get it your the mods and you do a lot for us on this site. I don't mean to talk trash on the system. Just got me a little frustrated that what you said in your post was said by me a few posts down. The only thing that I truly haven't been a fan of is people winning that have never contributed to the forums. But that's my opinion and it doesn't upset me all that much, I should have kept it to myself. It's the way things are and it's not my job to judge how it's all run. But my original panther statement wasn't intended to be a serious criticism, honestly.

Anyway, it's a rough day for me too. I shouldn't respond like that. I get it your the mods and you do a lot for us on this site. I don't mean to talk trash on the system. Just got me a little frustrated that what you said in your post was said by me a few posts down. The only thing that I truly haven't been a fan of is people winning that have never contributed to the forums. But that's my opinion and it doesn't upset me all that much, I should have kept it to myself. It's the way things are and it's not my job to judge how it's all run. But my original panther statement wasn't intended to be a serious criticism, honestly.

I get it, and my response isn’t directed at you. I wish the contest was perfect, but it isn’t. I know some members that are not very active that enter pics every once in a while that are amazing. They truly are the best choice at times. That is their thing...

Something set me off in a post that I responded to and I’m not sure what it was, but like I said, I didn’t read all the posts. Should have, but didn’t. Sorry. I usually control that. Had a bad day and shouldn’t be posting right now, especially after reading through the troll posts.

I’ll apologize for any attack that was made, it was not intended, and definitely not directed at anyone, but just an idea...

Same goes to you @Decadancin , I apologize for snapping like that. I should have shown more respect and understanding. I enjoy the contest too, I dont enter often because honestly I'm not that good at photography it's not really my thing, but I like seeing unique pics from people. I've been stuck inside all day with one eye closed(scratched cornea), getting carried away talking on the forums out of boredom. None of it was meant to insult anyone or the competition. Hope the day gets better for you.

Same goes to you @Decadancin , I apologize for snapping like that. I should have shown more respect and understanding. I enjoy the contest too, I dont enter often because honestly I'm not that good at photography it's not really my thing, but I like seeing unique pics from people. I've been stuck inside all day with one eye closed(scratched cornea), getting carried away talking on the forums out of boredom. None of it was meant to insult anyone or the competition. Hope the day gets better for you.
It’s ok Captain Hook my selfies are blurry

You do not owe me or the forums an apology. I caused this, not you. I have read the entire thread now, and don’t know what set me off, but it isn’t there now. My comments on entries are true, but I read it wrong. It doesn’t happen often, but shouldn’t happen ever in my position. I should have been more careful. I knew today after posting an anti-political post on another platform (I try to keep that to myself) that I was having a rough day, and could feel it when writing the response here. Just couldn’t stop it right after reading the troll posts.

Again, sorry. (But feel free to vote for Raistlin if he has the best photo :ROFLMAO: ...

Back
Top Bottom