Josh's frogs?

It has been hit and miss for me. They are about two hours from me, so I really want to support them because they are local, but I have found size and quality of the feeders is inconsistent.

I will say to their credit that I have never complained. I have found vendors that I like better for many of the feeders that I purchase, so I generally just go with them.

I seem to recall some having had errors in their orders. You could try using the search function for posts about it. I’ve only purchased from them twice...non-insect items. Haven’t had any issues, but.... Monday I received the 4lb container of Bug Burger that I ordered last week. Tuesday I received another 4lb container of Bug Burger...I only ordered one. Guess I don’t have to worry about running out for a couple of years.

Hit and miss for me too, I'm going to try Ghanns crickets (idk if I spelt that right) the size changes a lot with Josh's frogs, some times they are the right size and sometimes they look like pinheads almost. I've also had some times when it took a week for them to ship and get here.

Hit and miss for me too, I'm going to try Ghanns crickets (idk if I spelt that right) the size changes a lot with Josh's frogs, some times they are the right size and sometimes they look like pinheads almost. I've also had some times when it took a week for them to ship and get here.
I get all of my crickets from Ghanns and have always had no problems at all. Once I even checked the wrong shipping and they emailed me to confirm as it was different than my usual.

i heard that josh's frogs is a good site to buy feeders but i wanted some info from you guys before i buy something off of there
I've had great results with everything but silkworms. Also it is one of the few places you can get fly pupae, and they have bulk BSFL. The crickets are really good and live a LNG time.

I've had great results with everything but silkworms. Also it is one of the few places you can get fly pupae, and they have bulk BSFL. The crickets are really good and live a LNG time.
They do live long but doing the math, they dont give me as much as I asked for

I've ordered from them, my issue has always been they almost never have in stock everything I need. Ill use them in a pinch, but if you have a more simpler order than can work great! Its a little complicated when your feeder 30 to 80 mouths depending on the time of year. Lol

Ok well its $30 on top of my original price for the actual bugs to guarantee they will be alive. That's a little ridiculous

Ok well its $30 on top of my original price for the actual bugs to guarantee they will be alive. That's a little ridiculous
Better than most of your cricket order dying within the week. IME and a few other's I know, ghanns shipping pays for itself with the quality of their crickets. I don't blame people though for being iffy about how expensive it is. I personally found it worth it.

As for joshs frogs, I always liked ordering from them. Crickets weren't quite on the level of ghanns IMO, but still decent and they have a nice variety of feeders to choose from.

You know, it's good to be skeptical of positive reviews, but also negative reviews too. There are personalities out there that will constantly look for the one thing they don't like. Hyper critical of everything. Josh's frogs seems to be doing pretty well, but for most insect seller's, it's a small family business or similar. It's not amazon! There will be mistakes and mix ups at times, don't be so hard on them unless they are jerks about it/have poor customer service. Most companies will make things right, especially if you're respectful. People are spoiled by what the billion dollar companies are capable of, myself included!

Shipping is on the high side, but it is super quick and there’s almost no die off during shipping (at least in my experience). I order 500 once a month and will still have at least a few dozen crickets alive when my new batch arrives.

I've made several purchases from them.
The first one was a mid level MISTKING system. It arrived with parts missing. Josh's frogs took care of it.
I have their SOLARMETER 6.5R.
And I actually have an order of their Banded Crickets arriving tomorrow

I buy a bunch from them, never had an issue, I’ve bought crickets super worms and hornworms, the hornworms are very small when they arrive but I assume it’s because they have such fast growth rates .

Back
Top Bottom