Josh's Frogs Ordering Issues

I order at least once a month from Josh’s for the past 2 years and pay for overnight shipping almost every time, because the crickets live longer when I do that. My most recent order arrived yesterday. I also sometimes order fruit flies, substrate, media, and of course many types of worms.

I have had no incorrect orders from them. Once most of the crickets arrived dead due to a cold weather snap, but they were replaced immediately by overnight shipment.

I would guess there is one confused packer/shipper over there and he/she is not getting my orders ready.

I think I just got an email that they will now be charging an additional 2 for winter shipping.
I'll order tomorrow and find out. They have always been the most reliable.
If not, maybe rainbow mealworms would be another option also.

So I wanna update this...

As I mentioned I've had a few missteps with them but never anything of issue. Well, that's no longer the case. I've heard and read many folk say their customer service was great, but alas, not for me.

I recently ordered 2,000 large crickets with standard priority mail shipping (2-3 days). My crickets arrived last Friday and I'd say 1800/2000 of them were dead on arrival. Now, I know sometimes crickets play dead... so I had my wife take a video and photos to document their arrival and when I got home from work took more photos to prove I tried.

I do live in Fl where we get some heat, but for the first time since ordering from them my temps were actually UNDER their LAG temp of 85 degrees.

So, i contact their customer service on Friday around 4pm est, and dont hear back till yesterday. Understandable delay, no issue there. My issue is the customer service rep claims my temps were outside of the LAG, even though I provided screenshots of my local weather being below. I also provided a picture showing that my package was delayed by one day per the tracking status. (It was technically still within the "3 day" window, but they should've delivered it early as they typically do). The CS rep said that my package was NOT delay, even though it clearly said in my attached documentation that it was delayed per USPS. Beyond that, they put heat packs in with my crickets - which makes sense unless your shipping them to somewhere that is unseasonable warm?

While they did ultimately agree to replace them, I really feel bad about the whole experience. I don't often complain, but when the vast majority arrives dead when all summer I've had minor die off, I had to do something. I really don't like the "tone" and overall condescending attitude I got from them.

I'll also add that I bought the largest size of bug burger from them as they offer free shipping on it. Big mistake... it's a 2 week plus free shipping. So now I have to either buy some to last me, or use something else, which is going to end up costing me about the same as having bought it locally.

Overall, I feel like a "bad guy" for having to ask for replacement crickets when they came to me dead. Between them and the recent issues I've had with Mulberry Farms... I really wish there was a system in place for rating "site sponsors". (Lookin at you @Decadancin)

*I'll be more than happy to provide documentation to back up my claims upon request(just as I did to Josh's Frogs)*

As I mentioned I've had a few missteps with them but never anything of issue. Well, that's no longer the case. I've heard and read many folk say their customer service was great, but alas, not for me.

I recently ordered 2,000 large crickets with standard priority mail shipping (2-3 days). My crickets arrived last Friday and I'd say 1800/2000 of them were dead on arrival. Now, I know sometimes crickets play dead... so I had my wife take a video and photos to document their arrival and when I got home from work took more photos to prove I tried.

I do live in Fl where we get some heat, but for the first time since ordering from them my temps were actually UNDER their LAG temp of 85 degrees.

So, i contact their customer service on Friday around 4pm est, and dont hear back till yesterday. Understandable delay, no issue there. My issue is the customer service rep claims my temps were outside of the LAG, even though I provided screenshots of my local weather being below. I also provided a picture showing that my package was delayed by one day per the tracking status. (It was technically still within the "3 day" window, but they should've delivered it early as they typically do). The CS rep said that my package was NOT delay, even though it clearly said in my attached documentation that it was delayed per USPS. Beyond that, they put heat packs in with my crickets - which makes sense unless your shipping them to somewhere that is unseasonable warm?

While they did ultimately agree to replace them, I really feel bad about the whole experience. I don't often complain, but when the vast majority arrives dead when all summer I've had minor die off, I had to do something. I really don't like the "tone" and overall condescending attitude I got from them.

I'll also add that I bought the largest size of bug burger from them as they offer free shipping on it. Big mistake... it's a 2 week plus free shipping. So now I have to either buy some to last me, or use something else, which is going to end up costing me about the same as having bought it locally.

Overall, I feel like a "bad guy" for having to ask for replacement crickets when they came to me dead. Between them and the recent issues I've had with Mulberry Farms... I really wish there was a system in place for rating "site sponsors". (Lookin at you @Decadancin)

*I'll be more than happy to provide documentation to back up my claims upon request(just as I did to Josh's Frogs)*
I didn't even need to send pictures or anything with Rainbowmealworms.net I just called them up and was completely honest and said only the crickets arrived dead. The reason they were dead were because of low temps on the transport vehicles. I did select the live guarantee and they were held at the post office for me so obviously it was completely out of my control and theirs. They sent a replacement box with a free heat pad as to not have the same problem again. Overall I was very satisfied with their customer service. I have never ordered from Josh's Frogs so I cannot speak for them in the slightest.

An update to my update:

As stated they sent me a new order via FedEx 2 day shipping. Again, the same results though. Of the 2,000 maybe 50-100 are alive. My temps this go round are well under their LAG. I sent them an email within about an hour of receiving the package (by 2pm) and haven't heard back yet. I'd think, seeing as they can see the tracking info just as I can, that they'd want to ensure a successful arrival. Then again, I also assumed there would be a cup of hornworms or a 10% off coupon or something in an attempt to "regain" my business. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying in bulk online when I have to run out and buy crickets at retail pricing.

Apparently I'm just a magnet for bad bugs as mulberry Farms is still letting me down.

Also, let me tell you, if you think live crickets stink. Blehk
received_571521313596541.jpeg

Edit: I forgot to mention there were heat packs in this box as well. Not sure if that's the issue or not. I'd think if you were going to use wheat packs, you wouldn't want them to be able to touch the crickets?

An update to my update:

As stated they sent me a new order via FedEx 2 day shipping. Again, the same results though. Of the 2,000 maybe 50-100 are alive. My temps this go round are well under their LAG. I sent them an email within about an hour of receiving the package (by 2pm) and haven't heard back yet. I'd think, seeing as they can see the tracking info just as I can, that they'd want to ensure a successful arrival. Then again, I also assumed there would be a cup of hornworms or a 10% off coupon or something in an attempt to "regain" my business. Kinda defeats the purpose of buying in bulk online when I have to run out and buy crickets at retail pricing.

Apparently I'm just a magnet for bad bugs as mulberry Farms is still letting me down.

Also, let me tell you, if you think live crickets stink. Blehk
View attachment 251327

Edit: I forgot to mention there were heat packs in this box as well. Not sure if that's the issue or not. I'd think if you were going to use wheat packs, you wouldn't want them to be able to touch the crickets?
The heart pack I got from rainbow was in contact with the crickets Horace it wasn't your typical day hand warmer. Looked like there was quite a few layers of loose fabric creating air pockets instead of concentrated heat directly on contact with them. Got a pic of your hand warmer?

I ordered a MIST KING and some fittings on my Android phone.
I never got a confirmation or an Email.
I called them and it took a while, but my order was found and then processed very fast.
I'd recommend just ordering everything over the phone. Person to person.

The heart pack I got from rainbow was in contact with the crickets Horace it wasn't your typical day hand warmer. Looked like there was quite a few layers of loose fabric creating air pockets instead of concentrated heat directly on contact with them. Got a pic of your hand warmer?
Here's the heat pack. It's still warm even. Obviously the cricket can touch it. I'm wondering if they could *possibly* be eating it, like a silica packet, and dying? Otherwise, it could just be too hot with that in the box. I, too, would think that you would want to "double box" it and have heat in the outside box for indirect heating... but no idea. Just know there were heat packs in both boxes, both times.
20191114_201118.jpg 20191114_201109.jpg

I ordered a MIST KING and some fittings on my Android phone.
I never got a confirmation or an Email.
I called them and it took a while, but my order was found and then processed very fast.
I'd recommend just ordering everything over the phone. Person to person.
Phone, online, or in person doesn't make a difference if my "product" never arrives alive. It may help with the customer service side of it, but I'm the type who avoids confrontation if and when possible. My emails are "professionally worded" and contain plenty of photographic evidence to back up my claims. However, my wife is a master in the art of being a "B".... I may let her call them and complain.

I'm seriously to the point that I'm giving up on any company. Customer service is dead... because my $200/month can be replaced somewhere down the line. I am *almost* non-dependant on anyones feeders. I keep the crickets around for times I'm going to be away from home and as a cheap alternative to my roaches for mainly my beardie.

I have a 3rd gen of hawkmoths hatching as we speak, multiple roach colonies of various species, silkworms, BSF/L, a cup of stickbug eggs, 2 mantis ooths, a myriad of isopods, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I'm transitioning all my breeding needs (new blood for roaches and silkworms - for genetic purposes) to what I call "peer to peer" shopping. People like @snitz427 has some good silkworms and @jamest0o0 has an AWESOME selection of roaches and isopods. Now just to find a source for the "other things" on my shopping list that are willing to ship down south...

Here's the heat pack. It's still warm even. Obviously the cricket can touch it. I'm wondering if they could *possibly* be eating it, like a silica packet, and dying? Otherwise, it could just be too hot with that in the box. I, too, would think that you would want to "double box" it and have heat in the outside box for indirect heating... but no idea. Just know there were heat packs in both boxes, both times.
View attachment 251341View attachment 251342

Phone, online, or in person doesn't make a difference if my "product" never arrives alive. It may help with the customer service side of it, but I'm the type who avoids confrontation if and when possible. My emails are "professionally worded" and contain plenty of photographic evidence to back up my claims. However, my wife is a master in the art of being a "B".... I may let her call them and complain.

I'm seriously to the point that I'm giving up on any company. Customer service is dead... because my $200/month can be replaced somewhere down the line. I am *almost* non-dependant on anyones feeders. I keep the crickets around for times I'm going to be away from home and as a cheap alternative to my roaches for mainly my beardie.

I have a 3rd gen of hawkmoths hatching as we speak, multiple roach colonies of various species, silkworms, BSF/L, a cup of stickbug eggs, 2 mantis ooths, a myriad of isopods, and a partridge in a pear tree.

I'm transitioning all my breeding needs (new blood for roaches and silkworms - for genetic purposes) to what I call "peer to peer" shopping. People like @snitz427 has some good silkworms and @jamest0o0 has an AWESOME selection of roaches and isopods. Now just to find a source for the "other things" on my shopping list that are willing to ship down south...
Yeah that resembles more of an actual handwarmer than what was put in with my crickets. I don't have mine now but next time I get crickets I'll snap a pic of it. Maybe it's time to take your business elsewhere sadly?

Yeah that resembles more of an actual handwarmer than what was put in with my crickets. I don't have mine now but next time I get crickets I'll snap a pic of it. Maybe it's time to take your business elsewhere sadly?
No question... I plan to. I planned to before this issue... but I want to get what's owed to me first. Which now I'm well past a week for. Either my product or my cash. Unfortunately, it should be MORE than either of those, but I know better.

Cest la vie.

Back
Top Bottom