Joomla

Has anyone used this content managment system? I'd like to see someones work if they have!

Ive been using it for mine, although, I have a long way to go!

Jake

Wow... Looks like this blows away the MicrosoftOffice Live Web stie builder... Is there any point where they get you and start asking you to pay for cool features???

That Totally Guitar site is Awesome!!! That website was free to build!?!? What about Domains? I am gonna have to try this ...It just almost seems to good to be true.

Socali,
Joomla is a CMS (Content Management System). It is not a website builder, but a PHP/MySQL driven management system to store and template data. It is not something that will come easy to all in the form of design. It's the design part that takes a lot of time, and though the system is powerful, the CSS template style editing, as well as the placement of your graphics is where the experience is needed in web design.

It's not a standard web system where you upload the files to a server and it works. You'll need to setup the database and install it into there. After that, it's on to design...in short, you're still designing a site as you would at home, but it is NOT a site designer. I have my bets on saying the Microsoft program you have is "easier" design wise, but it's more tedious for content storage.

If I had anything to suggest (I do web design, btw), I would so to continue on with your HTML learning, then progress into CSS design (which is what Joomla uses), so that you can understand HOW to customize the Joomla software.

That Totally Guitar site was not "free." It took a ton of time and effort to design such a template. Don't let the Joomla system fool you. :)

I use Joomla all the time. Its an excellent product and i suggest everyone use it... and th eprice is right too ;) freeeee.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom